cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TimeStamp in Stored Procedure for JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Date Timestamp field (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS) in my stored procedure (target system), how do I pass an empty value when there is no date coming from the source system.

I am able to send the date field in the format when I get the date timestamp field in the source message but sometimes the date field will be empty in the source message, where in I have a issue to pass to stored procedure.

Error details - java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string ORA-06512: at line 1

Thanks.

Yeshwanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but sometimes the date field will be empty in the source message, where in I have a issue to pass to stored procedure.

Why not to avoid creating the DATE field in the target when the source is empty or not present? Just make a check on the source field....check if it is not-blank and then only create the target node....if the source field is blank then the target wont be created and hence wont be inserted into the DB....check if this works for you.

Also check the XML Schema Interpreter (Interpretation of Empty String Values) section from this help section:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jul 16, 2010 3:23 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply.Both the steps you have suggested has been tried .But Still the same error is coming.

Is there any other alternatives for this thread?

Thanks and Regards,

Yeshwanth