Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS transfer does not update actual cost for the External activity

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have an issue on the timesheet actual cost.

Users have filled their times on the external activity. that time is approved and transferred to CO and PS.

in PS, we can see activity confirmation updated with the time transfer but in CJI3, we can not see actual cost posted to the activity.

I simulated the case in Q system and found that CJI3 shows actual cost posted for internal activity but not for external activity.

My query is if CATs doesnot update actual cost for external activity, how the actual cost for time reported on the ext. activity will be booked on the activity now.

Regards, Madhusudan Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know the actual cost posting for an activity against a timesheet entry takes place based on the master data maintained for the activity type and cost center combination in KP26 transaction. This again is linked to the work center you specify in the internal activity. However, for an external activity nothing of this sort is maintained.

Try the transaction KB21. See if it solves your purpose. I think it should.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmed and Gokul for the reply.

Here what user has done is he has selected external activity but also updated work center and activity type in internal tab page and also KP26 is maintained.

Issue is user is saying by mistake they have selected External activity and that should be internal activity instead.

I tried changing Control key to PS01 from PS02 and updated Project info database but no results.

Is their any way system to treat this as internal activity and post actual cost now?

Regards, Madhusudan

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you change control key of activity before CATS transfer or after CATS transfer?...You should do it before CATS transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the transaction KB21? I guess it should solve your purpose for the time being. Kindly check and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

control key is changed after time transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing control key after time transfer will not help.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confirmation of Ext. activity will not post actual cost, You will have to do GR for external activity, this will post cost to the activity/project.