cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID - SAP AII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Need some infomation on SAP AII and also how to relate RFID with SAP AII and also SAP Data base,

How the data will be filtered in SAP AII?

If anyone knows regarding this let me know

Thanks,

-Teena.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teena,

<b>SAP RFID Solution Package</b>

The SAP RFID solution package provides a complete auto-ID middleware solution connecting RFID data directly from auto-ID data capture sources, such as RFID readers and device controllers, and integrates the data directly into enterprise applications . It converts raw RFID data into business process information by making the associations from key business rules, master data, and transactions to raw RFID data .

<b>SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure</b>

Auto-ID Infrastructure is compatible with SAP R/3 4.6C or greater, and it also has adapters for SAP Warehouse Management, SAP Business Information Warehouse, SAP Supply Chain Event Management, SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization, and all SAP NetWeaver components.

Auto-ID Infrastructure is designed to synchronize EPC and RFID information into your ERP systems by providing a complete, multidimensional data model of RFID-enabled assets, including:

<b>1.EPC number

2.Asset location

3.Status

4.Last RFID read point

5.Handling unit number

6.Packing hierarchy association (such as item, item-to-case, or case-to-pallet)</b>

It then maps this data to your SAP R/3 system via association to handling units (HUs). Handling unit headers include a standards-based HU number, weight, volume, and dimensions. HU content includes material number, quantity, unit of measure, batch number, plant number and location, and stock category (such as consignment), as well as serial number and inspection lot data.

These HUs are then associated with EPC numbers and are integrated into the appropriate transaction for processes such as production orders, transfer orders, sales orders, delivery (ASNs) and receipt, shipment, picking and packing, and inventory move and packing operations.

Because it is built on SAP Web Application Server, Auto-ID Infrastructure supports multiple communication interfaces (HTTP, SOAP, WSDL, SOCKET/ TCPIP), as well as mobile interfaces to PocketPC 2003 and Mobile Linux (Sharp).

<b>It runs on Windows (XP, 2000, NT), Unix, and Linux, and supports Oracle, SAP DB, DB2, and Microsoft SQL Server.</b>This should answer your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Pawan P.Khilari

<b>*Mark useful Answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

If possible pls provide me some more documents for SAP - RFID Integration methodology

This is my email id : boopathit@gmail.com

Thanking you

Boopathi Thangavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I am having a business scenario where materials are tracked in warehouse by RF guns. I need your help on SAP RF implementation. Please share the doc you referred to.

In case someone else in this thread got Pawan's doc, please send it to me :

shibajichandra@gmail.com

Thanks and regards

Shibaji

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member246728
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

If possible can you also provide me some documents for SAP - RFID Integration methodology

My email is : urodoplu@aselsan.com.tr

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii pawan,

I have seen ur reply on sdn.

currently i m having business scenario in which i will have to do warehouse SD and MM activities through RF Scanners.

I m new to this technology . can u give me some guidelines on this ? so that i can incorporate this things in SAP.

i will wait for ur positive reply.

my mail id is kavan.sk@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,

Kavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii Kavan;

Did u receive any mail from pawan! He seems to be royal busy now a days.

Please send me the doc if u got

aashish.chatterjee@gmail.com

thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teena,

If you require any more info give ur e-mail id and i will pass you the relevant document.

And if your satisfied with the reply please close the query.

Thanks & Regards,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Can you please send me the relevant docs to my email id:sapxi.ic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pawan,

please forward document to me, why because my scenario is same.

ssharathbabu@gmail.com

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any sort of documents related to SAP-AII refer the links mentioned in the following threads.

One of the link mentioned by me in this thread

(SAP Library (Online-Help) for SAP AII 4.0) is not working.This is the link for the same.

SAP Library (Online-Help) for SAP AII 4.0

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_autoid40/helpdata/en/index.htm

Regards,

Pawan.

Message was edited by:

Pawan Khilari