Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

protect a textfield with a password for editing

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

in the adobe offline form, for a text field, the editing should be enabled only for certain users. so we would like to protect with password.

it should be displayed all the time, but only for editing, we would like to have it enabled for editing only by those who know the a password.

is it possible to have a password protected text-field.

thanks in advance.

Madhu_1980.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>it should be displayed all the time, but only for editing, we would like to have it enabled for editing only by those who know the a password.

In addition to suggestions/solutions provided by Otto, and Chris,

one of the possible way/workaround could be: [Lock/Password in pdf of Adobe forms |]

In this, by using script, it is possible to have TextField.access = "open" or "readOnly" based on the value entered in the Password Field.

this check can be encorporated in form:ready or layout:ready event.

regards,

BJagdishwar.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah good ol' Otto....the "Poilcy Server"....that's what I was looking for. 😃

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey, Chris:)) What´s up? If you would like to join my "guardian angels" ring, you´re welcome. I hame some resource for WDA in India, Adobe form in Czech rep., and some more around the globe, what is much more effective than SDN:)) Nobody can do everything, right?:)) regards Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your best shot is to use Webservice as suggested by Chris. At least in my opinion. regards Otto

p.s.: if you do not care about the security that much, you can implement some simple workaround, which will not be secure, but will protect the form from the user hacks (but not from the skilled user/ developer hacks)...

Not that relevant, but clos to your problem:

Password protect PDF file:

Policy server integration

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/policyserver/articles/integration_wp_ue.pdf

...maybe you´d better implement the form as WD? Or use the mentioned ws.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why go through that hassle? (and embedding a password to "check" in the form isn't exactly that secure). Why not use a credential check to see who can view vs. edit a field? You might also check Adobe's server product that will do some of that for you (ie. permissions/rights/credentials/etc.

If it's TRULY offline, then your pretty limited. Otherwise, you could possibly at the least use a web service call to check a password.