cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADOBE Interactive Form not getting displayed in Browse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am working on EhP4 project on ECC 6.0 environment. For HCM, We have interactive ADOBE forms for MSS. While testing we found that all buttons are displayed in a browser (we are are window 7 IE 8 ) but interactive form is not getting displayed in the browser (Fill out Form as part of MSS). It only displays a line

Checked ADS configuration as per oss note and works ok. Did HTTPWATCH - browser is getting (GET) the Adobe forms with values but not displaying it. If I copy URL from HTTPWATCH GET line in a separate browser window it displays the form.

Thanks in advance your help.

Regards

Jitendra Pongurlekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heya, Matt.

We are on EhP4 as well. I haven't seen much a performance problem. Even on our "Sandbox" system, it takes roughly 30-90secs for backend trips (and that's over VPN).

Now, I will say that if I change a forms layout for some reason, then the application FIRST reloads the "new" form up, it can take several minutes. I think there is some kind of caching going on for the "new" form template on the backend (ie. replace "old" version with "new" in the cache and regen).

Having a response of 10 minutes though? I would think it would timeout by then. Seeing anything in ST22 or SLG1 (object HRASR) ?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was part of it: server-side caching was not active on the form. I activated it, and also (last week) updated the ZCI script using SFP_ZCI_UPDATE. The form comes up fine now. Of course, now we're getting a short dump when I submit the form, but that's a different issue. I'm just starting to troubleshoot that one. The short dump is new with EhP4; this form works in production today under EhP3.

Thanks for the help!

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case anyone is interested, I resolved the issue with the short dump, which was ASSERTION_FAILED. The solution was Note [1440741: Asynchronous processing of workflow for SAVE step|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1440741]. Found this by debugging Method CL_IM_HRASR00ISR-GET_EXTERNAL_DATA_VALUE with breakpoint on the line for "ASSERT sy-subrc EQ 0."

--Matt

Edited by: Matt Fraser on Jul 27, 2010 12:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at the release note found that SAP has provided a new iView - that is based on ABAP dynpro rather than Java Dynpro. copying the iView and adding application parameter values to that iview helped to resolve the issue.

Thanks everybody for your help.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

haha yeh I didn't think about the MSS on EhP3 vs 4 being the "old" Java one. HOWEVER.....evern on EHP4 with the new WDA version of it, that note STILL apllies. We just had to implement it at the start of this project for the SAME reason (that's how I knew right off what you meant by "just a line").

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Chris (and others),

We were having this same problem, and this Note fixed the issue (thanks!). However, we are still experiencing another issue with HCM Processes and Forms under EhP4. Before this Note, it took about ten minutes before "single line display" would show up. Now after the Note, we get the full form, but it still takes ten solid minutes of waiting before it appears in the window. We're pretty sure it's not a Portal issue, nor an ADS issue, but something with the web dynpros on the ABAP side. However, we have not yet been able to resolve it. Anyone else run into this performance problem with HCMP&F after upgrading to EhP4? We don't have the problem with EhP3.

Best regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

We bounced the system and it stopped working again. we are EhP4 and the oss note you mentioned is obsolete.

Regards

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I have applied OSS notes eventhough it was not applicable to our system (EHP4). It WORKED!!

Thanks for it. I will give you full points for that.

I have one more question related to this.

Window size of PDF form is different in production (EhP3) compare to project landscape (EhP4). Project landscape window is short in hight compare to production.

Any recommendation?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"It only displays a line".

VERY well known issue. Check OSS Note for fix.

1334453 - Changes to Start Processes application- ADOBE form resizing

Works like a charm.

Also, via IE8, you may have to use "compatability view".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

when we run a process, adobe form is not displayed. In place of that a single line is displayed.

When I implemented the SAP note 1334453 it gave dump in portal saying ASSERTION CONDITION WAS VIOLATED.

Then I reset the SAP note. Still facing the same problem.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Rahul Zalte

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

What do you mean with "It only displays a line"?

Does this mean that the height of the interactive form UI element is only a few (1) pixel?

Does your application run in the portal?

Could you provide the value of the property "height" of the interactiveForm?

Which layout do you use (flowLayout, matrixLayout)?

Ralf

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

What do you mean with "It only displays a line"?

Does this mean that the height of the interactive form UI element is only a few (1) pixel?

Does your application run in the portal?

Could you provide the value of the property "height" of the interactiveForm?

Which layout do you use (flowLayout, matrixLayout)?

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Layout type is ZCI and I have contacted EP team and SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please contact the EP team , they might be able to help you in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Omkar Mirvankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the layout type as ZCI.

thanks,

madhukar