cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel download(List > Export > Spreadsheet) not working in GUI 7.20 rev2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excel download(List --> Export --> Spreadsheet) not working in GUI 7.20 rev 2 for JAVA in MAC OS.

Please let me know any patches or work around.

former_member701881
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You can download from SAP on MAC to Microsoft excel (.xls file). However the data is not represented correctly. For e.g., 03-3406 is shown in excel as March-06 which is wrong.

Instead of downloading a report to excel better use HTML download which saves the file as .htm

Open the .htm file using Microsoft excel and save as .xlsx (Excel Workbook). This way no data is lost or misrepresented.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Parakashtiru

what would you like to say to us? Is this a correct error description?

But now it is ok...

So PLEASE pay attention to the SAP note #454939 !

OFFICE integration is NOT supported in the SAPGUI for Java !

It isnt possible!

Best regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You, Sven.

Nothing is impossible for SAP developers. I hope you guys will come up with solution to this.

I will be waiting for the announcement for Integration of Office with GUI for JAVA on MAC.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to understand what you are doing.

Are you in alv grid control and choose item "Spreadsheet" from "Export" menubutton in toolbar?

Which format do you use choose in subsequent dialog and which file-extension you use to store the file?

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

SAP GUI for Java development

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.From MCSI report not able to export to spreadsheet(.xxl)> instead of invoking excel, pop up box with following detail is coming

*save xxl list object

in SAPoffice*

Name for list object

2.For exporting from ALV to spreadsheet >download to .xxl is not available.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

former uses XXL Listviewer, which is driving Excel by OLE Automation.

Although Excel is available on Mac also, Microsoft does not provide an OLE SDK, which would be required to implement this on Mac.

Latter depends on the backend release. In newer versions, I can see an entry "Spreadsheet" in the menu of the Export toolbar button.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (0)