cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll interval for sender file adapter.

vidyadhar2k2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a 1_sender file NFS file adapter which picks a trigger file from X location in PI application server, this trigger file initiates the unix script present in the sender file adapter.

Unix script brings all the file which starts with 25588* from bank FTP and places in Y location in PI application server then script deletes the "trigger file".

another NFS File adapter 1_receiver file adapter places the trigger file in the X location of PI.

for 1_sender file poll interval given as 86400, that means it should trigger only once a day @ 1:30pm.

But today same sender file adapter had triggered 4 times, could any one let me know the reason why it had triggered 4 times instead of single time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By any chance was there a restart of the java engine or file adapter? This could lead to multiple polling. Planning availability time is better option as suggested earlier.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want your channel to run at 1:30 PM its always recommended that you use the ATP (Availability Time Planning) feature. You can set this in RWB.

Regards,

Pragati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidya,

There are two things :-

1. The polling interval should be 24 hrs;

2. The polling interval should be 24 hrs and it should poll at 1:30 pm every day.

For any reason if the channel is re-started, then with your present configuration, you will never be able to achieve # 2.

So, better use ATP.

But today same sender file adapter had triggered 4 times, could any one let me know the reason why it had triggered 4 times instead of single time.

Might be the connection dropped / failed at the time of polling and the channel re-tried. If you give more details (what time and with how much interval it triggered), someone might be able to help.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will say in place of putting polling interval as 82000 sec, do use the Adapter availability time planning.

That will make sure that your channel is running just once in a day and at time selected by you.

Please check if someone has manually started that channel, then in your case it might hv started more than one time.

Thanks,

Hetal