Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting values for variants in KOK3 and KOK5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My client wants to be able to restrict users from creating their own naming convention for variants in KOK3 and KOK5. They would like to the variant to default to Zxxxxxx and a group of users that have no restriction.

Is this possible and if it how can it be done?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember in one clients place we had a similar issue, the configurator tried a related issue

it was possible to do this creating a custom authorization object and field authority checked.

Regarding the name... I am not sure, it has to be a configuration setting if its possible

this cannot be achieved through a SAP security personnel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I got something for you,

Please have a look at this statement from the SAP note -- 355121

"You want to use the suffix in the transactions of the CO orders which use order groups.

If you create an order group with the selected orders, only a 10 digit field is available for the group name even though the group names comprise of 10 digits plus 5 digits for the suffix (refer to Transaction KOH2). You would like to use the suffix. You want to extend the field 'Order group' in the transactions (KOK2, KOK3, KOK5, KOK4) for creating order groups."

Hope the above note helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yady,

Are you looking for transaction variant or report variants?

For transaction variant you have nice document in wiki.sdn.sap.com (Transaction Variant - A Step by Step Guide for Creation)

Thanks,

Sri

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to avoid field exits. If you are on Netweaver then you can use enhancement framework. If you debug KOK3 after clicking on button - Create new variant you can see that it calls FM K_ORDER_SELECTION_FCODE with FCODE SUB5. You can implement implicit enhancement point at the beginning of this FM to perform custom authorization check. Don't forget that this FM may be called from other transactions as well.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is some more additional informaiton for you for tcode KOK3

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-pp/kkf9-co-production-order-1377160