cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI + WebDynpro (Cbs Problem)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if I posting this in the right place, excuse me if not :(.

Here is my problem.

I have 2 tracks. One for Development and one for consolidation.

When I activate the activities, they go without problems to the Development track. CBS shows that all the dcs are ok and without compiling errors.

But, when the nwdi administrator tries to transport them to the consolidation, we have some CMS errors like: "list of broken DCS not empty".

So, i go to CBS again, and check the Consolidation Buildspace and it says that there are 2 Broken DCs.

I dont know why in one buildspace everything is ok but in the other one there is a Broken DC

Any idea?

Tell me if you need more info

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Build your broken DC in the 'cons' buildspace in CBS and check the build log. It may indicate that this DC is missing some file/dependency etc or indicate some error in some file. Based on the log found go to your NWDS and create a dummy activity for the same DC taken from the inactive workspace of Development Configuration, by editing the file mentioned in the log so that the activity gets created for it and the file is added in the activity.Otherwise add the file manually in some activity. Check-in the activity and activate it. Then import it into cons buildspace. Try this it may work for you.

We also had similar issues. Some of the DCs were broken in the cons buildspace whereas they were fine in dev buildspace. We built them in the cons buildspace in CBS and saw in the log, which files were the errors from. Then we went to NWDS and created activities for those files so that they get added to the activity and we could check them in. After the check-in we activated the activities and then imported into cons buildspace. The files with errors got overwritten with the files checked-in and the errors got resolved.

Note: By dummy activity I mean create an activity just to get the file checked-out and checked-in again so that by activating and importing into cons will overwrite the file in cons.

In our case we concluded that the DCs were broken in cons buildspace because some developers(who left later) may have activated their activities with errors. And for a long time, due to some other issues with our NWDI, we were not able to activate our activities. We were just using the DTR from our NWDI. Hence our DCs were fine in dev buildspace but the ones which went into cons with errors in the past were broken. since we never activated our activities and imported in cons, the files never got overwritten. also some of the files that were present in the cons buildspace twere not being used actually and were deleted already from the dev buildspace.

Regards,

Ajay

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i solved my problem.

I did something similar to what Ajay Patil posted plus i repaired the project (Structure and Classpath) and then checked in the dummy activities.

Thank you all for your time.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try below steps to resolve conflicts in consolidation:

Import the Prj_Cons from DTR in NWDS->DC prespective.

Go to DTR prespective and expand the inactive node _comp.

//Get the Integration Conflicts window

Go to NWDS properties ->

Window ->show view ->expand DTR and select Integration Conflicts.

Select inactive component->Right click and select resolve Conflicts+Accept colliding.

It will ask for a new activity.Create the new activity after accepting checkin the code.

Same probelm was resolved in the below thread.You can also check for more info:

Regards,

Lavanya.G

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elale666,

Have you imported required SCA file in consolidation tab? if not, then you need to import from develoment tab.

Please rfer to [Common errors with NWDI |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JDI/Commonerrorswith+NWDI]

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal