cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlements in project System for public sector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having a unique requirements for Project system.

A Capital project will be mostly funded by Federal agency. However the capital project will end as an asset. eg, Roads, bridges etc.

1. We want to acumulate all expenses and settle it to AUC ( IM ) and later settle as an asset. ( currently possible )

2. However, based on the billings done to Fed agencies, the revenue is also to be identified in the project. ( should not be condisered for settlement, as it will reduce the Asset value ).

We tried to seggregate the cost and revenues by source structures namely 10 and 20 for Cost and revenues respectively. In the settlement rule we move the cost up from WBS element to Project level. From project we move to AUC and finally to AMR.

Our requirement is to just settle the expenses to AMR and leave the Revenues in the the project itself. However the gives a hard error that the revenue settlement should also be settled. The other option we thought about, was to settle to a cost center, but it is not advisable as the revenue will put back the budget of that cost center/fund center.

So my questions is .

1. Can part settlement happen ? ( Meaning move only costs ) ?

2. In private sector, it is possible because expenses are Cost element 1 and Revenues are 11 ( not selected for settlement except PA settlement ). However in public sector expenses and revenues are treated as Cost element 1. so how to circumvent this issue ?

Any help or direction will be much appreciated..

regards,

Venkat Kota.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use two level 1 WBSE, one is for collecting cost and one is for collecting revenue, Settle the Cost WBSE to AUC and maintain a settlement profile which says "not for settlement" to the revenue WBSE, so that you dont have to settle that WBSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you suggesting 2 settlement profiles for the same project ? how is that possible ?

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

make use of source structure in settlement profile. with this you can split and settle the cots and revenues based on cost elements.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am already using the source structure to split the cost and revenues. I am also using the same settlement profile for all the requirements.

1. lower WBS to Higher WBS.

2. Higher WBS to AUC

3. AUC to AMR.

So i am not sure how i can maintain 2 settlement profiles for one project ?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select the WBS Element, press Ctrl+F3, then press F8, you will see settlement parameter. there you can assign settlement profile for that particular WBSE. now you can assign different settlement profile to different WBS Elements.