cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a Popup without using a Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does somebody know how to display a Popup without creating a window for it? I want to navigate from this Popup to another view which wasn't the view calling this popup.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your answer! I'm using WD ABAP. It will be great if you have an example to show me where to trigger the event and handel the event.

Satyajit:

What I want is from view A to call the popup B and enter something in this popup and then click a button to navigate to the view C.

Thanks and regards,

Yuankai

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuankai,

You should configure the popup to display an OK button. This can be specified while creating a popup. Many other different standardized button combinations are possible as well. Then subscribe an action of your view to this button by calling SUBSCRIBE_TO_BUTTON_EVENT of the window object that is returned upon creation of the window. Whenever a user clicks the OK button, your action is triggered where you in turn can start the navigation.

Best regards,

Thomas

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuankai,

As popups are modal, you cannot navigate within the window below while the popup is still open. There is the possibility that you navigate once the popup gets closed though. Just let the popup trigger an event once it has closed itself and subscribe to the event. Then trigger the navgiation inside of the event handler.

Best regards,

Thomas

P.S.: Do you use WDA or WDJ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't create a popup without creating a window for it, unless ofcourse you are trying to show confirmation dialogs.

Can you give some more detail about your requirements?

Regards,

Satyajit.