cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems upgrading SRM System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have to upgrade a SRM 5.0 System to a SRM 7.0 System.

I now have the problem that I get the following error message during the extraction-phase.

Perhaps anyone can give me a hint?

Unable to execute the SDT request ABAP operation extract on hostname saps10 instance 01 Extraction of the ABAP upgrade request ABAP has failed Error from unit observer Tool connector failed. Start of SAPup failed: OS process 'D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\bin\SAPup.exe' start failed. java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\bin\SAPup.exe stdout=D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\log\SAPup.out rootdir=D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap uaport=4240 error=14001 java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\bin\SAPup.exe stdout=D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\log\SAPup.out rootdir=D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap uaport=4240 error=14001 . OS process 'D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\bin\SAPup.exe' start failed. java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\bin\SAPup.exe stdout=D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\log\SAPup.out rootdir=D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap uaport=4240 error=14001 java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\bin\SAPup.exe stdout=D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap\log\SAPup.out rootdir=D:\usr\sap\S10\upg\abap uaport=4240 error=14001

br

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether port 4240 is used by any other application ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

No - nothing else is using the port.

It's a standalone Server with only Oracle and SAP installed (besides OS and other needed Tools of course...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksander,

Have you already fix the problem that you have? We might have same kind of problem.

Br Leena Nissilä

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not in office for the last weeks and therefore didn't make any further steps concerning this problem.

With today I will restart with the upgrade again. Perhaps anyone can give me some tips?

br

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mentioned Problem is solved now.

We tried it yesterday with j2sdk1.4.2_16-x64 instead of jdk1.5.0_22 and now it seems to work fine.

(Both versions are installed now - we only changed the JAVA_HOME enviroment and the path to the jce_policy_zip...)

br

Alex