cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN 7.0 EHP1 connect to thrid party system trouble with ICTCONF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I have been through the standard configuration of the External Service desk,

(1) activating the webservice ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API

(2) HTTP connection

(3) Logical Port using Proxy CO_PCICT_SERVICE_DESK

(4) Configure the interface transaction ICTCONF

I have maintained user id and passwords on the Logical Port.

The third party helpdesk is Microsoft based and requires a SOAP Action on the sending RequestSystemGuid.

This I defined in the Logical Port config under operations.

With trace full on in SOAMANAGER

When I create an entry <3rd Party System> <Logical Port> and trigger the RequestSystemGuid Request I can see in the trace everything is green the Request is sent and the Response received.

Great...but I get an error in ICTCONF.

The only thing I can think of is that the SOAP response which is detailed differently using Execute SOAPAction and ExecuteResponse is not matching that which the SOLMAN API service is expecting.

The third party system stated it is not possible to change their Response message...so how do I get SOLMAN to accept the message. It contains the SystemGuid element required.

I then tried to configure through SOAMANAGER the service and the Consumer Proxy Logical Port...and in SOAMANAGER you can enter a SOAP Action on the Logical Port operations there is an WS addressing inbound action option.

But in ICTCONF I can't see this new Logical Port.

So currently I have a catch 22 situation.

SAP expects 3rd party system to match exactly the RequestSystemGuidResponse message as defined.

I have configured something incorrectly

No-one had this issue before

Or i have to create a specific custom receiver webservice and somehow handle it with ABAP code.

It looked like an easy job at the start.

I have tried to do some testing through SOAPUI latest release but its also a bit of a pain setting that up when I am not familiar withit.

I have read the Blog Service Implementation Guide Part II and hunted for relevant notes aswell.

thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virginia,

Now I've faced the issue with integration of SAP with Microsoft Service Manager.

I'm trying to create incident (ProcessIncident method) in solman through SaopUI.

I have got GUID through RequestSystemGUID (as far as I understand I should use it as ProviderGUID).

But I don't understand where I can get RequesterGUID.

When I call the methos I recieve the error "The system ID is unknown".

BR

Dmitriy