cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer issue in Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

While giving print we are facing issue when the number of pages is 2.

The first page is printing fine as per the format but in the second page it is first taking some extra lines (the unwelcomed part) and then it starts printing the matter.

Please let me know as how to go with the issue.

Thanks,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Use ,

Transaction SPAD and check all the settings.

secondly try to print from the OS level to see if you face the same issue ( if no issue found )

You have config or compatibility issue it may be support pack, service pack or driver incompatibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for the response, but can you be a bit specific suggesting as what shall I check for in SPAD, printing from OS level isn't possible for us.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to mention regarding

Access methods , like you might have UNIX/windows...etc operating system

Check regarding this help statement from SAP:

Spool: Host spool system access method

Specifies how the spool work process transfers data to the host spool system for this printer.

Procedure

If the spool work process for this printer is running on the host system you specified for Computer name, choose from the following:

Enter C if the spool server is running on a Microsoft Windows NT server and requests for this printer are to be transferred to the local Windows NT Print Manager.

Enter E if the printer is connected through an external output management system (OMS).

Enter F if output requests for this printer should be output locally on the user's PC or workstation.

Enter I if this device is an archiving device.

Enter L if the spool server is running on a UNIX system and output requests for this printer are to be transferred to the local host spooler.

If print formatting is running on another system, choose from the following:

Enter U if the formatting process is to transfer the output data to the remote host system using the Berkeley protocol (BSD).

The formatting process uses this protocol to transfer output data directly to the host spooler on the remote system.

I was reading your question again:

It could be the printer issue also , try printing to another device and see what happens

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Jul 15, 2010 6:58 PM