cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create universe based on SAP ERP (ECC 6.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a short questions which is hopefully easy to answer.

Is it recommended, if I want to create a universe based on the SAP ERP System to directly connect to the underlying database or should I use the Data Federator to connect to a universe?

I have no data warehouse and I dont want to craete one. I`m using BO Edge BI 3.1 and ECC 6.0.

First I only want to build a universe with one data source (ERP). I know that if I want to join several sources I must use Data Federator or Data Integrator.

Can anyone help me with this question?

Thanks al lot and have a nice day

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Fisrt of all SAP ECC access is not supported by the universes.

By the way you can download a prototype (in SAP Innovation center) that uses Data Federator on SAP ECC:

[Web Intelligence Reporting for SAP ERP |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/innovation-center?rid=/webcontent/uuid/b062b12a-d505-2c10-7e86-e829df7a65bc] [original link is broken];

We plan to support SAP ECC access in universes in a future release..

Didierh

former_member200254
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there another solution to integrate SAP BO Universes with ECC?

Has anybody tried this tool? How did it performed?

Regards,

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said this is the only way to build universes on SAP ERP (ECC 6.0).

This application is currently a prototype but it is planned to deliver an official support of SAP ERP (ECC 6.0) by Data Federator in the coming weeks.

Data Federator will be used for both XI 3.1 and BI 4.x to access SAP ERP data: this access will be provided only for the XI 3.1 release, we also plan to support it in BI 4.1.

Regards

Didier