Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Cost is different from GI document WL to account document RV

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a situation here that is the material moving average price, which is the VPRS cost, is different from Delivery goods issue document to the invoice's accounting document. the reason is it is taking the moving average price of last years ( 2009) than the current year 2010.

in our process we donot have the cost display in the sales order or in the invoice it is displayed only in the accounting documents of material document and the invoice.

could any one has come across this situation or can give your possible suggestions or ideas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First go to Accounting1 view of that material master and see which period system shows.

As you would be aware, Moving Average Price for any material will be updated based on

a) Goods receipt for a PO

b) Balance on hand quantity plus Goods Receipts quantity

c) Balance on hand value plus Goods Receipts value

d) New Moving Average Price = Total Value / Total Quantity

If the system considered 2009 price, then perhaps, after 2009, it seems no transaction was made as listed above.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply, i have gone through it and saw many PO's have been created from this year and current period in the material master is correct. all the accounting documents related to goods issue has hte correct material cost, and the calculation is correct., only for the accounting docs which are related to invoices are not correct. is there any other setting which i am missing to check. i understand the the material cost may not be determined directly from goods issue document to invoice accounting document.

could you please let me know, if i have to check anything from account determination side.

thanks in advance

Answers (0)