cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO CONFIRMATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been looking for an answer to this, but cannot find it in the forum....or anywhere else.....maybe I am blind....

Here is the easy question : I absolutely need to give my RF operators the ability to confirm their TOs / HUs not only into a different BIN, but also into a different Storage Type.

Has anybody dealt with this issue? And if yes, how was it resolved?

I would like an easy solution, but life being what it is......

I am even willing to go the route of USER EXIT (which one? ) Function Module ( Which One? )

If all that does not provide a solution, what then?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As storage type is determined thru search sequence and bin is determined thru putaway strategies, I don't see any simple solution to fullfil your requirement.You are trying to totally alter the TO creation process during confirmation which is not possible. As far as I know , the ideal way to do this is to cancel the TO and create again with desired St type. If you want to do in RF, then you got go with custom transaction for cancellation and creation of TO.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I unfortunately agree with you....not easy to do....maybe impossible. Although impossible is not a word....is it?

YES I am considering TO Cancellation and Creation from an RF custom transaction.

But It is not an easy and simple solution to my problem.

Having the ability to update TO Destination Storage Type and BIN from An RF transaction seems much more simple.

But is it possibel Through some kind of code attached at the end of the RF Transaction?

But again your approach is what I consider at this point.

Let us see if somebody else has a brilliant idea. People creativity never stops impressing me......

Thanks,

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the t.o. are created with wrong destinations why create them that way? (not to be a smart %$^)

Create custom RF t-code so users enters source and destination bin Bin to bin moves

Seems strange to create t-code to cancel automaticaly and recreate but I think it's because I do not know your system

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have good questions.

if the t.o. are created with wrong destinations why create them that way? (not to be a smart %$^)

Those TOs are created as a result of WM Material staging to a PSA for a production order. So we need them to be sent to their final destination when they are created......we need that visibility.

But our manufacturing facility is 40 acres big....

So to reach that final destination, they will transit through multiple intermediate locations : buildings, trailers, etc.... ( on average 6 steps...). It can take a few days for these physical moves to be completed and Material to reach PSA.

For other reasons, these different intermediate locations : buildings, trailers, etc have to be different Storage Types.

These moves will be performed by different operators using RF....each operator performing a PICK and Transfer.

and we need to have visibility on them at every step of these physical movements. ( at every intermediate location )

So the idea was to have each RF operator confirm his transfer to a new Storage Type/BIN (LM02/LM03) and from there, take a user exit to create a REplacemet TO from this location to final destination : PSA. and so on for each transit point.

But I guess what I will have to do is at TO confirmation time ( in one of those intermediate locations ) use a USER EXIT to cancel the original TO and create a new one from source to this intermediate location and confirm it . And in the same process, create a new TO from this intermediate location to the final destination Location : PSA.......and so on until it reaches its final destination.

That way, I will maintain visibility on this material as it transit to its final destination : PSA

What do you think?

Will it work?

Any better idea?

Any suggestion, comment?

Thanks again

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, thanks for the details

For material staging from production orders we use a default location for all of the T.O. and then we create new t.o. for each move from there to maintain visibility.

all GR from production orders go into the same storage location and storage bin until there is a physicaly move and only then are they moved to unique locations

That is how we aviod canceling the t.o.

It sounds like your idea would work just fine but we handle that cenario a little differently.

One possible option for you would be to handle the moves via TR (config the Production Goods Reciept to create a trnasfer requirement) as if it were a multi step replenishment but I think that may take more effort to get working then your current plan.

just a thought

best of luck with your project

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I designed solution where I can change the bin while confirmation of transfer order.This you can configure by ticking in storage type "change bin". I quess storage type field is grey out in this case. If somehow you open this storage type field then it is possible to putaway in different bin and storage type.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for their answers.

It will be a process of TO CANCELLATION/CREATION to achieve desired result.

Alain