cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to match and merge automaticaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am wondering is it possible to match and merge automatically with out any manaul interaction?

I mean can I use match and merge steps in workflow and perfrom merging with out any user interfactin or approvals? I see in workflow I cant connect Match and merge together... Am I missing some thing?

Regards,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

This is not possible and there are good reasons behind this.

Actaul merger of records based on the scores suggested by MDM is purely a business decision. Say when we merge 2 records which are suggested duplicates first step is to review them if they really qualify as duplicate.

Next step as part of Merge is to select the attributes for the merged record and the values can either come from record1 or record2 which is again a business decision and shouold be based on manual intervention only.

Hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You guys,

Can you please let me know how the workflow should look like to use match and merge steps?

Start->Validate->Assign->Match>Approval>Merge-->stop?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

In Workflow, during Match step you can only see the duplicates or not based on Score which according to your strategies but you can not merge these records automatically. You have to marge these duplicate records with the help of User based on Score.

Can you please let me know how the workflow should look like to use match and merge steps?

Refer page 23/32 , as per requirement you can use work-flow as e.g. Start>Match>Approve-->Stop

Please refer also other work flow designs, Page no 28/32 and Page no 29/32 4.7.1.3 Example: Match/Merge steps in a sequence

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/909108b0-64a1-2910-c39d-bcd63a012...

Note: As per my understanding, Merge step as indicated by you can not be used as Merge step is use to Merges multiple threads into a single thread(Multiple inputs to outputs) which is entirely different from Merging of two records. We don't have any step for Merging of two identical(duplicate) records so manual intervention is required by using user assigned to some step during workflow. So i mean you can use Merge Step(can be part of MDM work flow if required) for multiple inputs to one outputs but not for merging two records.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

you can follow the below URL's for some good input

hope things would be clear for you .

Deep