Multimapping 1:N issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with multimapping. My scenario is:

FILE (Content conversion) -> PI -> BAPI

My source structure looks like:

but its not coming.

When i test with the source structure in message mapping didn´t work either, but if I add the tags Messages and Message1 it work out fine.

What is the solution?? should I add the tags with XSLT mapping? it doesn´t have to much sense to me, this should work properly without doing that...

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Luis,

As you use a "1 --> N" mapping, in your Receiver Determination (in I.D), have you well choose the option "extended" instead of "Standard". Because your result corresponds exactly to this error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">

<ns0:Message1 />

</ns0:Messages

Regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

Ive chosen the option Extended but I have not suitable data for the operation mapping. It doesn´t fInd my operation mapping. Should I place it somewhere?

Thanks,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Luis,

oups... I openned mine... in Receiver Determination you have to have : Standard. And it's inside Interface Determination that you have to choose option "Enhanced" instead of "Standard".

what do you have ?

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael,

I know what you mean, but in version 7.1 there is no such an option...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

exact about PI 7.1. Thanks for the lesson, I learned something today...

So to resume:

1. in I.R - Message Mapping, on tab "Signature", you have occurence : 1 --> 0..unbounded.

2. in I.R - Operation Mapping, you have occurence : 1 --> 0..unbounded.

3. in I.D - Interface Determination, for your bapi, you have Multiplicity = 0.. unbounded, as it's automatically found (based on I.R).

And when you process a source file, you have almost nothing in payload of your target Bapi.

Is that right ?

if yes, the only error that I see is an error in your Message Mapping, probably on node "Message1" or "bapi".

or eventually a problem of cache if you have recently change something in your flow...

Regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis,

I faced a similar issue some time back... All you need to do is remove the entry from Interface determination and re create the entry if it does not take 0...unbounded by default.

~N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both,

I will recreate the interface determination, i think it didn´t take the 0..unbounded. I will let you know on monday if it works out.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Luis

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I know what you mean, but in version 7.1 there is no such an option...

Did you check this: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1571

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is solved. I recreated the interface determination, and then it took the 0..unbounded.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Luis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

You dont need to add Messages and Message1 in your source message. It should automatically created. It seems you have added multimapping on your source side and make sure you select multimapping on your target side in your message mapping. Can you see whether the file is picked or not. If it is picked then check in your sender communication channel monitoring what is the payload you are getting. Copy that payload and the add Messages and Message1 to it and then test it. If you get the result in mapping test tab then your end to end scenario also should have.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Once when you add multimapping i.e, change the occurrence your mapping will not be there. You need to remap the fields. So please remap and test in test tab and try once again.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I have done the remap, but it didn´t work....

Thanks a lot anyway

Luis