cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CEN at Solman - which agent to install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus.

I have in my landscape SOLMAN 7 EHP1 , and different NetWeaver releases - 701 ,710 and 720 as monitored system,

When configured CEN at solman, which agent I need to install and configure on satellite systems? ccms agent+SAPOsCol or saphostagents, that installed togehter with 710/711 and 720?

Regards

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vladimir,

As described in all the installation guides (chapter 2.2) attached to these SAP Notes, the official recommendation is as

follows (see SAP Note 1365123 for more details):

Solution Manager: Versions 7.00 (prior to EhP1)

Managed version: 6.40, 7.0, 7.0 EhP1 & 2, 7.1 EhP1

Agent to installl: 7.01 SR1 SAP Note 1357812

Solution Manager: Versions 7.0 EhP1 >= SP 18

Agent to installl: 7.01 SR1 SAP Note 1357812

Solution Manager: Versions 7.0 EhP1 >= SP 20

Agent to installl: 7.11 SAP Note 1234387 (*)

(*) The Diagnostics Agent 7.20 installer is not released for the time being (should be in the next few days). Therefore to install an agent 7.20, the only option is to download the standard SAP NetWeaver 7.20 DVDs (CE). Meanwhile, SAP recommendation is to install 7.11.

The fact that the release of the managed system has no impact on the Diagnostics Agent to install. Only the SOLMAN release is important. As of SOLMAN SP20 you can use either the Diagnostics Agent SAPinst 7.11 or the 7.20 one. There are no major differences between 7.11 and 7.20 (only bug fix u2013 e.g. host agent automatic installation - and SSL support).

If you choose to go with 7.11 please make sure SAP Host Agent is installed and running according to the Diagnostics Setup Guide available at http://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> media library.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanl you for your answer.

I want to make my answer more clear. I am talking about CEN, and ccms agent, that reports to CEN via CMSREG user.

Since 7.1 there is no saposcol service and ccms agent - it replaced by saphostagent. How this agent will report to Central Monitoring system?

Regards

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can still run sapccmsr and tell it where to point to your CEN. ccmsping for your instance availability monitoring and do your congfiguration in RZ21 in your CEN. if you type sapccmsr/ccmsping at command line, it prints a list of parameter options to specifiy and get it registered and running. once its registered in CEN all you need to do is use sapccmsr -DCCMS pf=<path/profile_name> to start it again should it stop or have a server down situation.

sapccmsr can be used where there isn't an SAP instance running, can also be used with an SAP instance

sapccm4x is used where there is a SAP instance running

ccmsping monitors instance availability, if one is running on main instance and RZ21 is configured correctly it will pick up all the instances in the logon group

the sapccmsr agent is eqv of saposcol and replaces the defunct rfcoscol.

hope this has answered your question

BTW SAP say you should compile your csmconf file from RZ21 but its much easier and less hassel to just run the agent for 1st time and enter all the details in, as its not too difficult.

Mani