cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Returns Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I have created one return sales order with reference to one invoice and after that with reference to that returns sales order i have created credit invoice.

Now my query is that can i delete the returns sales order?

If yes please let me know the detailed process...

Regards,

Bhadra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is not a standard process. If you want to delete the sales order then go below process like,

VF11 (Cancel credit Note) ---> VA02 (Delete Sales Order).

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree you can't delete the sales order after subsequent processing but you can place a reason for rejection on the sales order line. Use VA02 and put a reason for rejection on the item for which you issued the credit. This will in effect kill the order as it will no longer be relevant for further downstream processing while that reason for rejection is in place.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now my query is that can i delete the returns sales order?

No you cannot delete the return sale order. Please understand the standard process is that you can delete a document if there is no subsequent document to that.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I too agree with your point, if a sales order/document contains subsequent documents we can't delete but here the case is that i have canceled my credit note invoice through VF11.

Even then it is not allowing me to delete.

please help me......

Regards,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check your document flow. is there any pending document ???

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

The Actual problem is that i have created twice the returns sales order by mistake and hence it is appearing twice in my CN55N report, there it is showing this returned quantity twice. If i want to over come this issue what to do?

please help me......

Regards,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

What you mean by pending?

Is it not cleared/open?

Regards,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can delete both invoice in VA02. but check is there any pending document related to both sales order.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

There is only credit note invoice and canceled credit note invoice is there under that returns sales order.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You were not able to delete the return sale order despite the fact that you had cancelled the credit note is because, there would be an accounting document generated for that credit note and once you cancelled this credit note, for that also, a corresponding accounting document would have generated.

Go to VA02, key in the return sale order number and check the document flow. Update the forum whether you could see any accounting document reference below the credit note.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear lakshmipathi,

yes, in document flow i found accounting document

But in case of project delivery once we canceled the invoices through vf11 and delivery return through vl09, even though we have accounting documents we are able to delete that project delivery.

Why it is not happening for returns sales order..

Regards,

Bhadra

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You will need to reject the items in S.O. and your Order will be marked as "Complete" as you have documents in the document flow, so can not delete the SO. You have cancelled the billing document,not deleted it - 2 separatedocuments with a (different) financial impact.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

First i want to know that is it possible to delete a returns sales order or not?

If possible please let me know the detailed procedure.

Regards & Thanks,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes you delete Sales Order.

1) VF11 (Cancel Billing)

2) VL09 (Reverse Delivery)

3) VL02N - Delete Delivery(VL02N --> in Menu bar --> Outbound Delivery ---> Delete).

4) VA02 - Delete Sales Order ( VA02 --> in Menu bar --> Sales Order ---> Delete).

This is the standard process...

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

I have tried the procedure you have given but in last transaction i.e., in VA02 it is not allowing me to delete that and more over it is giving message "Can not be deleted because of subsequent document(credit invoice no)".

Can we delete the credit invoices?

Regards,

Bhadra

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, we can cancel-Credit memo.

Check Cancell.billing type field in Cancellation section of your Billing Doc type (tcode VOFA) for your Credit memo.

Coming on to your requirement.

That means you need to cancel credit memo succeeding to this return order.

In doc flow overview for your return order, check what are the succeeding doc attached to it.

Cancel or reverse all the subsequent doc to the return order.

Use VF02 and in menu bar look of Cancel option and select and process.

Then try to put reasons for rejects (if reference of this return order is needed in future) or delete Return order (if by mistake its created). I would suggest former as you have subsequent Billing doc to it.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

I have canceled all the credit invoices against that returns sales order, and even after system is giving same error at the time of returns sales order deletion.

please suggest me.........

Regards,

Bhadra

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To delete a sales doc it should be in OPEN status. Is your sales order open, if not check doc flow in sales order, to do this press F5 button from your sales order overview screen.

Even I suggest, try to put reasons for rejection, as you have subsequent Billing doc to it.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

yes the status of returns sales order is OPEN only.

Now please tell me how to delete this order?

Regards,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Now you can use my 4 no. Step

4) VA02 - Delete Sales Order ( VA02 --> in Menu bar --> Sales Order ---> Delete).

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

Even though my returns sales order is in open status, still it is not allowing me to delete and it is giving same error.

Please give me correct solution.......

Regards,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have testing same scenario in quality server but my Sales order was deleted. I don't know why do not deleted yours..

Regards,

Sandip

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned earlier, you have an open accounting document against cancellation credit memo. That means the cancellation invoice was not released to accounting.

Go to VF02, enter the cancellation invoice number and click on release to accounting. After that go to VA02 and delete the order.

Regards,

Palani