Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature with Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1

I am developing an interactive forms with Digital Signature field.

In Adobe Acrobat, navigate to Sign->Certify without Visible Signature then it opens Certify Document window.

In that window, users need to enter their password and click Sign button to put their Digital Signature in the Form.

I'm trying to implement the above (enter password to put their Digital signature) in the interactive form.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

Thruna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Should work the same way in SAP. What exactly is your problem? Did you try and find bugs/ weird behavior/ don´t understand something? Your question is not very clear... Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto,

I have Signature Field in the interactive form.

But when I click on the field, it opens the Sign Document window,

which has Digital ID dropdown, Appearance Dropdown and Refresh IDs, Sign & Cancel buttons.

There is no field to enter password before click the sign button.

I need a password field in the Sign Document window to force end users enter their password then click Sign button to put their

Digital Signature.

Thanks

Thruna

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you must configure/ install/ maintain some certificate authority, provide the personal certificates for the users etc. What have you done regarding this part? Are you sure, you have all the necessary infrastructure ready to use? I mean... the development is the last piece of a puzzle. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto,

I haven't done any configuration for the certificate authority.

That's what I want to know, where to configure this? ADS or AD ?

Thanks

Thruna

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ADS or AD ?

in my opinion, this is not enough. Where do you expect to hold the passwords? The user accounts and stuff? I am afraid you may need to install something like Adobe Policy server or something like that. Otto

p.s.: you´d better read at least these:

/people/kapil.kamble/blog/2009/07/08/experimenting-with-digital-signatures-in-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe

/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2009/04/22/introduction-to-digital-signatures-and-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto,

Thanks for your suggestions and links.

Thanks

Thruna