cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backlog in SMQ2 with BPM entries: how to switch off temporally one queue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI, for a BPM process of an interface, thanks to tcode SWF_INB_CONF, we defined 10 queues to allow parallel treatment for this interface. And so in SMQ2, we can have 10 queues like : XBPE_WS90000021_2_0nn.

My problem is one of this 10 dedicated queues (e.g XBPE_WS90000021_2_005) contains a backlog of 1.500 entries which decreases slowly... because some new messages continue to go inside this queue "005".

As the 9 other queues (dedicated to this interface) have few entries and/or are not currently used, I would like to know if it's possible to say to PI to not use this queue (e.g XBPE_WS90000021_2_005) for new messages and of course to continue to process messages already inside it.

By this way, no new message will go in this queue which is currently "busy" and its backlog will decrease by itself.

Note: This case appears in production, and this backlog contains some messages arrived 2 minutes ago (for the last ones)... and 12 hours (for the first one). So for messages of this workflow queue, treatment is very slow compare to the 9 others queues of this interface.

Thanks for your help.

Mickael.

PI 7.0 SP12

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge queue assignment for the messages in XI happend automatically by Xi unles u define the priority for the messages, I dont think there are ways u can divert the message to another queue once message arrives in one queue.

Why that queue has blocked?

lets see wat other have to say.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chirag,

to be honest, me too, I don't know if it's possible. But in my mind, i think to tcode SMQR and to option Registration / De-registration. But before to do it in prod (as issue is in prod !), I prefer to have feedbacks.

My idea is just to close the inbound door of this worklfow queue (and only this one!) and so to say to PI "hey man... for this interface, you have one workflow queue which is busy ! Be smart... Do not use it for new messages. And use the 9 other queues that you also have for this BPM !!". By this way, backlog should decreased by itself.

This worklfow queue is not blocked... it's just because on the other side of this workflow (), for any reason... the treatement is slow (*)... and so we have a backlog which decrease slowly.... and increase sometime because of new messages.

(*) this worklow is a bridge Asynch-Synch by calling a Bapi on ECC.

(**) we are also investing on it.

Regards.

Mickael