cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Order vs Project System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

as you all know the function of WBS Element, Internal Order and Cost Center are similar.

My question is what kind of environment that made us decide to us WBS element rather than internal order or cost center?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cost Cennter is different concpet from WBS and IO eventhoug all are Co objects. Cost Center is one of the master data for CO while as WBS/ IO is purely transaction data.

WBS is having integration with most of logistic cycle and modules. In WBS hierarchy concpet for strucute as well as budget is the while as not in IO.

You decide wether to go for IO or WBS most of the case when you are going from IM. IO is more limited to Controlling and not to logistic trasaction . I think this is the main difference.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Now, I'm doing mining contractor project

They need to know their production cost by site and by their unit

The production itself is using Production Planning module which assign to WBS Element

But the problem is, the cost center structure is similar with the WBS Element structure, so I might think that maybe Project System module is not useful here...

Any suggestion about mining constraction?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be peritcualr case, but WBS strucute may not be necessory the same as Costcenter.

Costcenter is master Data and WBS is traansaction data. So, you use diff. WBS for your diff. contracting mining proejcts and here you use activity type and costcneter conbination for booking cost. Proejct can takne cost from multiple costcenters and make it visilbe. I may not able to explain you more details but I suggest you to check with your ERP architech normally it is senior FI/CO consutant.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah i have search through sap best practice in mining industry

but i cant find module PS correlation to this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me about best practice in mining?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try searching SAP Best practice documents for mining industry.