cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User password not consistent for identifier for External alias in SICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a sysetm alias in SICF for the content server to enable the display of photographs in the ESS Portal.

I have transported this request and the alias has been setup successfully BUT the password seems to of been deleted.

As thisis the production system and is locked down for changes, how to I set the password in the system alias in SICF

Regards

Graham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since this is a production system and it will be closed, but also the password for SICF cannot be transported. So, best option should be like having a ID like for example RFCUSER with same name and password across all system (development, quality and production system) which can used for all RFC related activities and this kind of SICF credentials with required user type. Hope you understood.

If this is not possible, then plan for a proper time in production system when there are no used logged in the system or plan for a downtime. Open client for changes and then manually maintain the credentials for SICF, save and then close the client.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course, this is a security feature because there is no reason that the user/password should be the same on the development system and the production system. This would be very dangerous...

Someone must have the rights to enter the credentials in SICF on the production system.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you will transport any SICF object from 1 system to another system, it will credentails , this is a basic behaviour of SAP from security aspect.

Thanks

Anil