cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When a user is trying to access the reports in MSS in the portal he is getting a blank screen.IE version is 6.Could anyone show some pointers as to how to resolve the issue.

problems with the web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly.

error : access denied.

code : 0

But it is working from my PC.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all upgrade your IE to 7.0 on the user system where user is facing problem.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just cannot upgrade the IE since it would be first tested and then used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is like this we have a single sign on from the intranet to porduction portal.Then when the user selects the employees under him and clicks on start report a popup would come for the selection of the date that is the screen which is coming blank for him.We are having 4.6c as backend system and a standalone ITS.This issue is faced only by him.So how do we proceed.Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple... Ask the user to logon in another PC, if it works its the IE setting if it doesn't it the user authorizations.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

There is no problem with authorisation since we have logged using his id into the portal then it works fine.Only when he goes through IM and then to portal there is a issue.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The permission properties for the iview are for everyone.Can anyone please tell me as to how to proceed further.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my experience, if only one user has a problem with a portal, it is often caused by the user's Internet Explorer settings. Therefore it's worth asking the user to try a different computer as Juan suggested.

Try to get them to test it on a computer that works for other people, as this will also highlight any problems with the user's logon account.

One thing that may be worth trying in the Internet Explorer settings is making sure the pop-up blocker is turned off as I've seen this cause problems sometimes.

Hope this helps!

Steve.

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to understand this correctly:

- the user can log on to the SAP Portal and once logged in, all works fine

- when selecting this specific report (int the SAP Portal?), he gets an empty screen. This report is what? A link to R/3 4.6? ITS? A Portal iView? This report is a portal page? Has the user personalized the portal page and deactivated the iView?

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

He selects the employee and clicks on start report then a pop up would come which would be a R/3 screen i.e. ITS one.That screen is empty.But whereas when we try from our system that screen looks fine.Could anyone please help Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

He has tried in several other systems but still the problem persists.How else can we proceed.Thanks.Will check regarding the pop up blocker.Thanks

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when the ITS SAPGui for HTML isn't working, check the source code of the empty page. Maybe the portal is trying to place the SAPGui there but isn't finding the right place. There are DIVs that are called something like itsiframe.

If this DIVs aren't there, the SAPGui for HTML integration won't work.

To check if this error is generally occuring, let the user call the same transaction iView several times, also let him execute the iView action: refresh.

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

one question why does it work when he logs into our system and checks the same page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

te blank page gives a javascript error saying that access denied.this content might be harmful.thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone please let me know regarding the issue.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As this only seems to be affecting this one user and only on the one computer, I think it may be worth checking the user's Internet Explorer settings. Maybe you could compare them with the settings on a computer that it is working on.

I'd compare things like the Security settings and the Advanced settings.

Hopefully you'll find something that is causing the problem.

Kind regards.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When searched in the forums i found where there was a similar issue.

This was the answer written there.

the error you get is a Javascript error. This has nothing to do with permissions the user has on the iView inside the PCD (end-user, admin). The browser is denying the access. Normally a browser denies access when the Javascript is crossing domain boundaries.

Could anyone highlight as to how to proceed.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you had a chance to check the Internet Explorer settings on this user's computer yet?

The bit about crossing domain boundaries sounds familiar - in IE7 there are settings "Allow data sources across domains" and "Navigate sub-frames across different domains". I've had to change the sub-frames one in the past to solve problems with SAP CRM pages.

It's probably worth trying these out to see if they are related to your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

By any chance are they available in IE 6 also.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure as I ahven't used IE6 for years! In IE7 they are under Tools > Internet Options > Secuirty Tab > select the zone (e.g. Intranet or Trusted) > Custom Level. They are half way down the list in the Miscellaneous section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It all looks enabled out from my PC.Will check with the user and get back to you.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

One question should the option be enabled in all like internet, trusted etc or else just one and if yes which one.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think just in one of the zones. This will need to be the zone that the page you are looking at is in - it should show this in the IE status bar on the right. I'd expect this to be "Intranet" or "Trusted Sites".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks a ton it got resolved followed your instructions.

Answers (0)