cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Component performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created an assistance class methods which connects to database through various function modules to avoid select statements. I knew that we can directly write the select statements inside class methods.

Now i wanted to know is there any significant difference in the performance of the application if i call Function modules directly in webdynpro and if i call class methods with select statements , as some of my team mates directly used the FMs in the application ?

As my application performance is very slow, i am just trying to find ways to improve it.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Edited by: Lakshmi Atukury on Jul 15, 2010 10:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Performance - it's doubtful - as per Thomas' comments.

But maintainability and reuse are so much better if you move to an assistance class - embrace MVC!

I've just had to write some code to move logic out of a WDA application into a separate class so that it could also be accessed by a WDJ app. (Some things aren't available in WDA for this particular system patch level).

it would have been so much faster and easier for me to do this had all the Model part of the MVC approach been separate from the View part.

So please do separate your code using the MVC design paradigm - someone - perhaps even yourself, will thank you for it further down the track.

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Now i wanted to know is there any significant difference in the performance of the application if i call Function modules directly in webdynpro and if i call class methods with select statements , as some of my team mates directly used the FMs in the application ?

Not likely any noticable performance difference. Make sure that your parameters passed to and from the method (and the Function Modules for that matter) are by reference and not by value and there will be very little overhead to the extra call.

>As my application performance is very slow, i am just trying to find ways to improve it.

Why don't you perform a runtime trace and find out exactly why your application performance is slow.