cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with SAP - Comparing SAP XI with other EAI Middlewares

Former Member
0 Kudos

I highly appreciate if you could throw some of your expertise and insights to the following:

1. What are all the architectural advantages if we use SAP XI instead of using other integration middlewares such as SeeBeyond, WebMethods etc.

2. Most of the EAI middlewares (such as SeeBeyond, WebMethods etc.) provide BAPI and ALE Adapters to integrate with SAP anyway. So, what is the architectural and business value add if we use SAP XI in this scenario?

3. Compare the capabilities of SAP XI any other top EAI middleware that you are familiar with. (Preferably SeeBeyond)

Thanks,

-Sorna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My two cents -

1. XI is from SAP so, no dependency on other vendor to upgrade their platform to take advantage of new features provided by SAP in newer releases.

2. For SAP centric integration, XI is not just a platform. You also get a lot of content for standard SAP centric integration scenarios and no of scenarios supported will increase over the time.

3. XI also supports BPM.

4. Support for ABAP mapping.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am interested in seeing the same type of comparision or really a "replace or integrate" with SeeBeyond.

We are using SeeBeyond for many things; maps, ims, WebServices...etc.