cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The process of mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Im a total newbie with SAP and its products but I have recently started doing some XI. Now... I've learned the data types, message types, interface, etc, etc, but I cant get my mapping straight.

My question is... What is the correct process of mapping from flat file to an IDoc. Should there be any pre-agreed documentation on mapping the different rows in a data type to IDoc fields or is this something is learnt by doing and experience.

We have created an order confirmation. But how will I know which rows in the data type to map to the IDoc elements???

Pointers are greatly appreciated...

Petre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petrre,

If it is a flat file, then you will have to perform Content COnversion in your Sender File adapter to convert it to XML as XI understands only XML.

Take a look at this link for this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

The process of mapping from File to IDOC. Well it depends on the data coming from your file and the functional requirements.

Just remember that you will have to map the Madatory segments and fields of the IDOC. For exact mapping, your Functional consultant should be able to help you.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The functional consultant has to help you map the flat file data to the IDoc.

You should have a mapping document that says that this field of file needs to go to this field in IDoc.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, Im amazed how fast people respond back!

Thanks for your quick answers.

My problem is that it doesnt seems to be any document which shows which field goes where in the IDoc. It seems as though my functional consultant havent made one and hes on vacation so now im stuck with a conversion to which i dont know how to solve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process of Mapping is pretty simple ...

The business confirms its needs to you .. so they tell you which fields needs to go where (in you Functional spec.). So finally yes .. in a sense there is a pre agreed document