cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheme on number of lots to be created at the time of GRN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a bit different scenario: raw material is batch managed. Now at the time of GRN in MIGO, the no. of line items for the same material varies. Sometimes its 25, sometimes 30 and so on.

Now the requirement is, can we control the inspection lot creation at the time of GRN. For example, when 25 line items, only 2 lots should go to quality. When line items are 50, 5 lots should be available in QA32, rest will be skipped.

In simple words, like sam[ling scheme, we need a scheme for no. of lots to be craeted for quality.

Any input on how to map that in SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible I guess. If I find anything, will post back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like a specific requirement, but how you want to control the creation of inspection lot depends on various factors. As you are saying a p.o has 25 line items of same material - assuming with diff quantities and it is batch managed - total qty will be received as one Batch? whats the crieteria ? Is vendor batch is one or multiple/many?

I did not understand how lnspection lot creation is based on the line items? You do have multiple options in the Material Master - QM view - control inspection lot for receiving inspection. Check them if they are not fit for your requirements, there is no ther way except writing your own piece of code in a user exit which is firing at the time of GR.

You can check user exit - QAAT0001 Program: EXIT_SAPLQAAT_002

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Vendor batch can be one or multiple.

I have checked MM01 QM view options, there is no option for this.

I will definitely try the exit you provided.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds like a Dynamic modification rule requirement but within the confines of a purchase order.

I would use DMR but you'll need a customization to reset the DMR to the initial stage after each PO. You'll need to find a sutiable user exit somewhere, (probably related to the PO, see a purchasing guru), to do the reset.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

any input?