cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in BOM item(STPO_DOC) Object link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created an Object link between BOM item and DIR. Through transaction CS02 i am calling Create DIR screen (By giving value 2 in Create Document in SPRO) to create DIR for the selected BOM Item. When i save the DIR, i get thrown back to the CS02 screen with a Success Message as Document ZDR TEST 000 A created. But the DIR does not gets displayed in the Linked Documents in Document Assignment Tab in CS02. Also when i display the same DIR in CV03N, the Object link BOM Item is blank for the same DIR. If i attach a DIR that is already been created to a BOM Item in CS02 and press ENTER, the DIR Entry in Linked Documents does not gets reflected. After pressing enter it fades away.

I have created DIR for BOM Header (STKO_DOC) and also through several transactions/objects like PO,PR,WBS element,Sales Order etc succesfully, but facing problem only in BOM Item (STPO_DOC). Do any of you have any idea why its happening ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

To grant that allways the currenct screens and authorizations were called please maintain also the value "1" into the "Authorization"

column. For further informations on this maintainance please see the SAP note 1066915. It's important that you not enter the mentioned screen number wihtout the leading "1" as this number is added automatically by the system (e.g. object MARA 1201 maintain like MARA 201). You can do this in customizing under:

Transaction SPRO > Cross-Application-Component > Document Management > Control Data > Define screen for object links

and also add these objects to the used document types in transaction DC10 under 'Define object links'. This is necessary to grant that

correct links between material BOMs and document info records could be created.

Further please see SAP note 1123223 which explains some retrictions regarding the object link creation for some objects like STPO_DOC and note 956853 which is a useful correction.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your reply.

I had already maintained the settings which you have mentioned above in your reply.

1)Authorization value = 1.

2)Object Link = Defined object STOP_DOC for my document type.

3)Added other object link as well.

4)Done all the settings in DC10, Maintain screen for object link and Maintain key fields.

But I am facing the below absurd system behavior only for BOM Item (STPO_DOC):

1)When I create DIR through CS02 (Object side), I get a success message DIR created in CS02 screen but the DIR does not gets reflected/ no entry in Linked Document field in Doc assignment tab.

2)When I open the same created DIR in the CV03N, there is no entry in the BOM Item Object Link. The field is blank.

3)When I enter a DIR which is already been created in CS02 Linked Document (Document Assignment Tab) and as soon as I press enter the DIR disappears from the Linked document .i.e. it does not show any entry.

4) Also if I donu2019t press enter after entering the DIR manually in Linked Documents in CS02 and click on save button, the DIR entry is shown in Linked Documents when I get back to the Document Tab -> Linked Document in CS02.

5)I am not able to delete any DIR entry through Document Tab -> Linked Document in CS02.

6)I am not able to make entries beyond 2 DIRs in the Document Tab -> Linked Document in CS02.

7)I am not able to choose the Current Version Radio button in the Document Assignment Tab. As soon as I click on the Current Version radio button, it automatically goes back to the All version radio button.

Thanks,

Mohit.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

based on this last information I would kindly ask you to check if the notes 880077, 926060 and 885977 are implemented in your system. Because the mentioned issue with the radio button should be solved by note 885977.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks again for your prompt reply. The notes which you have mentioned above are really very helpful to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Mohit.

Answers (0)