cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating contrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I am working on contracts while creating quantity contract with reference to master contract I am getting error as "Contract data cannot be edited for document type NMS".Please help me for solving this issue.

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor

Use TCode VOV8.

Select NMS and check out the same in transaction flow "Message Master Contracts".

FYI

On/off switch for master contract messages - It is the field which controls whether the system checks for existing master contracts during contract creation.

Set indicator A in this field if you want this check to be performed for a contract of this sales document type. When you create a contract, a dialog box appears if master contracts exist for the sold-to party you enter. You can branch from the dialog box to a list of the master contracts. You can then select a suitable master contract to link your contract to.

Set indicator B if, when the check determines only one suitable master contract exists, you want this master contract to be copied.

Set indicator C if you want to branch directly the list of suitable contracts after the check has been performed.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I checked in that I mentioned 'A' but I am getting same error unable to reference master contract.

Regards,

Suresh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this error occured while 'Create with reference' function when using BAPIs to create sales documents. then refer SAP Note 370988 - BAPIs in SD: Creation with reference.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thank you for giving reply.

I am not using bapi.I am creating contract by using t code va41 .

Regards,

Suresh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Error is b'coz of the message control in sales doc type, try maintaining different combination you reference contract doc (not the master contract doc).

Or Then have look on your copying control settings (Tcode VTAA).

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

unable to solve closing the issue