cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing into two invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

we have a scenario regarding transport industry where to give a small brief about the scenario is that the sales order is created and the delivery document number is created in the background.

Now this delivery document doesnt have any significance as there is not actually a delivery being made according to the client bussiness process and no PGI as they just transport the goods and so no inventory and PGI concept.

This delivery document is required for the sap system for shipment and invoicing.

Now at times the client charges the customer some additional charges incurred.But this additional charges goes in to dispute and therefore the customer delays the payments.

So what the client does is they make two Invoices one for the Frieght charges say rs 50000 and the additional charges invoice is sent seperately say rs 5000. Since for this rs 5000 the whole amount of rs50000 is for dispute and the psayment is delayed.

So the cleinet says that atleast if they send seperate invoices the larger amount is atleast recieved and not held for the smaller amount.

Now how to proceed regarding this scenario as in sap billing is done based on the delivery document.which is a single one.

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think you need to do the shipment process in your process. Because if you do the shipment process then the cost of shipment is calculate separately in system.

Here invoice and shipment are different amount. So, at the end of month transporter send the shipment bill to you and you give him separate payment.

For more information, Please go through below link,

[;

[;

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sven,Sandip.

Thanks for the replies.

Firstly billing plan has nothing to do with this.

Secondly sandip please go throug the scenario which i explained.

Please suggest

AJ

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

closing this thread as iam planiing to use the second line item to add another material in change transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding u can try followin option.

1.. Make 2 item in SO one for freight charges and second one for dispute charges and use item level pricing..do the delivery and make separate invoice for for freight charges and dispute charges.

2.. Make 2 item in so first one keep same and for another use item category order related for disspute charges. create diffrent billing type for this item and set copy control from order to billing. this way u can generate separate invoices.

3.. For dispute charges book bill directly through FI. give the SO reference for tracking purpose and modify the out put as per invoice out put.

Thanks

Popular Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shivaji and Popular.

I was also thinking in those lines.I will also work out and get back for any more clarifications

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Tried the solutions given by you.But here the disputed amount is known at a later stage only.First the so wth the first item is done .so the delivery is creates in the background as delivery document is required to create the shipment document.

So can we input the second line item even after the document is processed further in the change mode VA02.

Please suggest as is this the right way and does the system allow us to do so.IF so what are the settings to be done as iam trying to do the order related billing by selecting the second line item,but in the billing the log is generated as no item is available for billing.

Please suggest.

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A quick thought is you can add an item to the delivery for the additional charges (e.g. 5000 as you mentioned). This item can have different payment terms to enable seperate invoices.

This is just a quick thought. Let me try this in my sandbox. You can do the same in your sandbox. Please revert with feedback, whether it works or not, what other issues you face etc.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need some more clarification on ur scenario.

You have explained that 50000 is freight cost which captured from shipment cost to invoice r wat?

secondly wat is this extra (Additional) charge. how you are adding in to the invoice by using manual conditions?

Please clarify..

Regards

Durga Sana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The rs 50000 is the invoice value and and rs 5000 is say RTO fine charges.so the total invoice value to be sent to customer should be rs55000.But since that rs 5000 is debateable as the customer may ask for clarification and at times delay the payment.so what the client does is creates two invoices and send seperately so atleast they get the rs50000 at least

so how this shoulld me done as in sap we would require two seperate invoices

suggest

AJ

sven_callens3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Have you considered the billing plan-functionality ?