cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Import Server, Automating the Port/Ready

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured the PORT and Remote System. I have assigned the XSD and completed the mapping. I was able to import the data manually using the Port. But I wanted to automate the import process so that as soon as file is placed in Ready folder, MDIS should be able to process the XML data file and complete the import.

I have started the MDIS in Auxilary Servers node.

However, MDIS is not processing the file automatically.

Can any one tell me is there any set up I need to do to automate.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Automize the MDIS follow this step this may help you

1. define inbound port, remote System, Map, XCD schema etc.

2. Make Processing Type : Automatic and Block on Structural Exception : No

3. Make sure repository port should be open i.e 2000 to 9999

4. then put some sample file in inbound of remote sytem define in port setting

even if you facing problem then just check Log file on MDS server and just check error details

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Check the below things:

1. Check your port. It should be Type: Inbound, Remote System: MDM, Processing Type: Automatic, and should have Map & XML Schema.

2. Check XML Schema. I believe you generated custom XML schema (XSD file) from your template.

3. Check your Import Map. Can you import the content through Import Manager using your import map in port? If yes, it means it is fine.

4. Once you put file in Ready folder of Inbound Port, if import is successful it will go to Archive folder. If not, it will go to Structural or Value exception folder as per the issue in file. Check your file in folders.

5. Check MDIS log. It will tell you the status of Import.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heyy,

MDIS requires import files to be placed in the Ready folder of a repositoryu2019s inbound port. The Ready folder is part of the following fixed directory structure located beneath the MDM Serveru2019s distribution root directory:

root/DBMSinstance_DBMStype/RepositoryName/Inbound/RemoteSystem/

PortName/Ready

where:

root is the distribution root directory (set in mds.ini).

DBMSinstance is the network identifier used to specify the DBMS instance name and DBMStype is the four-character

identifier for the DBMS type (for example, MSQL, ORCL, IDB2).

RepositoryName, RemoteSystem, and PortName are the values entered in the Code property for each item in the MDM

Console.

Import files placed into a portu2019s Ready folder must be compatible with the portu2019s import map. Because a port has only one import map associated with it, you may have to create multiple ports on a repository to account for various import file types and business cases.

But also go through the below URL for MDIS config.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/7E/02A3705D1F465F9608D16B96D1E8A2/content.htm

Hope it solves your issue.

Deep

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SudhaViz,

Please check if the below configurations are taken care of:

1. Make sure you have set the Inbound Port Processing type as Automatic in Console.

2. In MDM 7.1, configuration of some repository-specific MDIS/MDSS parameters have to be saved at a new MDIS/MDSS-specific Repository Detail pane in MDM Console.

When you connect to the Auxilliary servers, you fill find both the configurations for MDIS and MDSS:

User: The user name MDSS uses to access the MDM repository.

Password: The password MDSS uses to access the MDM repository.

Use the same password that you have assigned to Admin in the Console.

You can refer to the Console Reference guide : page number 263.

3. Check if there are any exceptions. You can do so either by checking the Exception folder or you Port statud could be blocked. In that case remove the file from the exception folder and try to import manually to check the error.

4. Please check the log files at the server level. They will tell you the reason.

Let us know if it still does not work.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Please have a look at the below link and see if it helps you solve the problem:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/1d/4a20460d0b4f778c6af94af66df735/frameset.htm

Thanks

Aamir