cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Choose I2 Factory Planner over APO PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can somebody explain a reason why somebody choose I2 Factory Planner over APO PPDS?

I2, and APO are excellent tools, so explain the benefits of using I2 Factory Planner and APO PPDS individually with some tangibles & intangibles. Appreciate, if somebody can answer this in detail.

Thanks

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Alongwith the points that datta mentioned, i2 has the capability

to carry out PP and DS functionality at the sametime in

sequence of steps defined.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

APO also has this capability. In fact you can use two transactions do do it.

with process chain in a more generic approach

RSPC - Maintain Process Chains

and

/SAPAPO/CDPSB0 - Production Planning Run where you can define a sequence of PP heuristics and DS task with heuristics or optimizer.

With a combination of both the possibilities are unlimited.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am still waiting from the APO Guru's to get some pointers which talks about weakness in SAP PPDS functionality which are covered by i2 factory planner.

Thanks

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

In my view,APO PPDS derives advantages over i2 factory planner among others , for following reasons:

1. Seamless integration with ERP SAP ECC / R//3 . This makes SAP ECC the master data driving system and huge task of master data maintenance is automated, streamlined and simplified. Similarly transaction data flows occur on real time bases with accuracy.

2. APO PPDS have powerful schedulig, sequencing capabilites. Its functions like MMP are stronger apart from functions related to Industry solutions.

3. APO integration capabilites with SAP BW suite, makes it leading tooi for planning and reporting in BW together .

I found one document and sending you the link. It can give some insight.

http://sapplanning.org/2009/11/24/the-history-of-apo-and-the-influence-of-i2-technologies/

Please also check following SDN thread for APO vs. i2.

Regards

Datta