Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS Java logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few question on AS Java logs.

- how many type of log files can be generated and what are they? (e.g - security audit log, security log, system log, etc)

- whether logs are activated by default? how to activate the log?

- how to extract logs? whether I can use ABAP itself or any other way to extract?

Thank you.

With Regards,

Gandhi Subramani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Security Audit log for AS java not generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be that the messages are only being written to the default trace. Please check note 1278155 - Security audit logs separated from other security logs on how to activate a separate security audit log.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

OSS note 1278155 really helps a lot. I have few more questions :

1) I have format for security audit log. Can you give the file format of security log file?

2) Whether data in log file depends on OS where AS java server is installed?

(example : event date will be seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC in linux)

3) Any API's available for fetching the logs?

Thank you.

With Regards,

Gandhi Subramani

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I have format for security audit log. Can you give the file format of security log file?

I checked here on a system, and there is no format defined. (if this is what you mean...)

2) Whether data in log file depends on OS where AS java server is installed?

(example : event date will be seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC in linux)

No, as far as I know (just checked a Windows system) the time stamp in the logfile is written in epoch format. (like you already mentioned)

Check http://www.epochconverter.com on how to convert epoch to a readable format.

3) Any API's available for fetching the logs?

That is very likely, but I don't know them... You could write a script yourself to analyze this log.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

I can see security logs getting generated but not the security audit log. Please let me know why security audit log is not getting generated for AS java. How to check the configuration for security audit log is correct?

Also a collector will load logs to external system, so whether I can use ABAP program to read AS java logs and store in an application server?

With Regards,

Gandhi Subramani

Former Member
0 Kudos

- how many type of log files can be generated and what are they? (e.g - security audit log, security log, system log, etc)

and the default trace, etc. basically everything under /usr/sap/WDJ/JC11/j2ee/cluster/server0 and /usr/sap/WDJ/JC11/j2ee/cluster/server0/log

- whether logs are activated by default? how to activate the log?

Yes, logs are activated by default. You can increase the log level of logs, but not disable them..

- how to extract logs? whether I can use ABAP itself or any other way to extract?

Using the logviewer via the visual administrator, the standalone logviewer, or via the netweaver administrator

Kind regards,

Mark