cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot transfer posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to do QAC2 for the inspection lot for which UD is not done.

But I am getting error as "You cannot make a quantity transfer posting for insp. lot xxxxxxxxx

Message no. is Message no. QA068.

But the stock is still in quality.

So can anybody guide me on this?

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per your system status,

stock is alreadt transferred from QI. Refresh and check in MMBE, it should not be in quality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks For valuable reply from your side.

I tried it for the inspection lots for which UD is not done.

Still It is giving me same error.

In this case what can be thing which is going wrong?

PLease guide me on this.

Thanks,

Sachin

Edited by: sameer PP on Jul 15, 2010 5:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are able to get into QAC2 or getting the error in the initial screen it self? If you are still getting error means, check inspection lot has any stock associated with it. Make sure the stock is in QI, then you should not have any issues.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I am getting error in the initial screen.

But here when I check inspection lot, I see stock in "inspection lot quantities" tab.

So is it possible to do this?

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats is the long text of error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Belolw is the long text for error message.

You cannot make a quantity transfer posting for insp. lot 040000015951

Message no. QA068

Diagnosis

You cannot make a quantity transfer posting for inspection lot 040000015951 because the lot does not have any stock "in quality inspection", or because the inspection lot stock has already been completely credited (posted).

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message is clearly indicating stock posting is done for the inspection lot and no stock in QI asscoiated with the inspection lot.

Check your inspection lot, stock posting is already done - making a UD and posting a stock are two independent functions, eventhough UD has not been made for this inspection lot, some one did just the stock posting thru qa11.

As stock is out of QI, use inventory movements to move the stock wherever you want. QAC2 is no longer required.

Thanks.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

All quality has been moved quality to unrestricted stock, so system is giving u this error massage.

reverse this stock through t code MB1B by 322 movnt type and then try hope it will work

Thanks

Shiva Patil

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is the lot created? Does the stock even go to QI to start with? Whatever process you are doing, the inspection lot either is not controlling the stock, or the stock is not in QI. Manually created lots never control stock.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram and Shiva,

The process flow is something like this.

As soon as I do GR for prod order, an inbound delivery gets created and in VL32n, it is packed and we get HU no.

Then that HU goes for inspection and we do UD. So here I tried QAC2 before UD and I also confirmed in MMBE that the stock is in quality. Still I am facing the same error.

Can you give me some inputs on this?

Thanks in advance!

Sachin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would inquire to SAP about this. I'm not sure if HU's are supported for the QAC2 transaction. I would check in OSS or with SAP.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Firefighter for that.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your are using HU,

then stock will be control by HU only not by Quality management module.

U can inspect and record but stock movement is controlled only by HU.

this std. even for 01,04 05 inspection lot origins.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

Even I used VLMOVE to move the HU to another storage loc. using 323(stock transfer quality to quality)

Following is the error I am facing in this case.

Inspection lot 0400000XXXXX currently prevents a quantity change in HU item

Message no. HUGENERAL078

So can you throw light on this?

Thanks,

Sachin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to process it out of quality and than use the HU functions to move the HU.

If it is quality, HUMO won't allow it to be moved until it clears QM.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

better give an exact seeting about this material, plant,and stroge location

what ur process steps

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sami,

Sorry for delayed response.

Following is the material settings:

QM view Inspection set up:

inspection type:04

post to insp. stock: X

Insp. for HU: X

Insp. with tasklist: X

Automatic assignment: X

Check chars: X

Avg. Insp. duration: 4

Can you throw some light on this?

Thanks,

Sachin

Other indicators are not checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was asking about Material , Plant and S.Loc

that particular location is HU managed or not...

and how are creating insp. lot.... after Gr from prod or early...

once inspection lot created and then UD screen Stock posting is visible or not

check and tell

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For this inspection lot status --UD & SPCO means this lot is completed & relevent stock is moved to Unresticted.

**So is it possible to do transfer posting when the stock is in quality to some other storage location?**

Answer to This question is " First check the stock how this has been moved to quality stock "

you can find the inspection lot associated with this stock --Go to QA33 -Input the Material number & Batch ( If batch manged ) here you will get the list of inspection lots associated with this material &batch . you can check the list inspection lot for which UD is NOT done.

you can post stock using this inspection lot through QAC2

Thanks,

Rajanikanth

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. I'm not sure why you would do a QAC2. You already posted the stock and its not in quality. Just use your standard transfer postings to move it. if it's being moved by truck you're going to want to create a stock transport order anyway so you print out the necessary shipping papers.

FF

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message says - "You cannot make a quantity transfer posting for inspection lot 0xxxxxxx because the lot does not have any stock "in quality inspection", or because the inspection lot stock has already been completely credited (posted)."

Check one more time at QA13 what is lot status. Qty already posted or not? how you have created lot - manually or auto? what kind of lot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal,

This is auto generated lot.

And the lot status showing is Usage decision has been made.

Plan/specification assig

Insp. characteristics cr

Sample calculated

Short-term insp. complet

All inspections complete

Stock posting completed

Statistics updated

Handling units assigned

So is it possible to do transfer posting when the stock is in quality to some other storage location?

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your case you are getting error because UD has already been made and stock posting were completed for the inspection lot you are trying.

Yes, you can transfter q-stock from one s.loc to another location thru QAC2, which is the only way to do q-stock transfer. The base for the QAc2 is the inspection lot, you can transfter the entire lot qty associated with the inspection lot to a different storage location or to another plant. This transaction works based on the inspection lot status - you have got the error as your inspection lot has status UD completed , stock postings completed. It make sense, why will be the stock in quality if UD has been made and stock is moved from quality disposition?

QAC2 is strictly for q-stock transfers assocaited with an inspection lot.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Edited by: ram on Jul 14, 2010 8:26 PM

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QAC2 will work if stock posting is pending for lot, but in you case stock posting & UD already done. So system behaviour is correct.

Yes, you can make stock t/r from stock posting screen of lot if stock posting not been made yet.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

the status is showing us that Usage decision is done for the lot,

Please once again confirm the status or check in QA13 is having the UD code updated or not.

if it is not done please go in QA11 and let us know the total stock in inspection lot stock view.

QAC2 is working for transfer the stock posting from plant to plant or storage to storage location for quality inspection stock.

the condition is UD should not done and there should be some stock for that lot in quality inspection.

best regards,

Nilesh I