Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Acctg Interface in Invoice

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

I cannot create an accounting doc for an invoice which has a posting status: " Error in Accounting Interface".

I read all the threads in the forums. I did not have issue with Acct Determination for Revenue. I do not use acct assignment group. The Account Anlysis in VF02 is fine.

Do we assign anything from an invoice to a cost center ??

When i try to release accounting doc, i got error msg:

Cost Center Control-Area/ 3150 does not exist on 7/7/2010

Issue is there is no cost center 3150 at all. Why is it saying cost center ? Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cost center is not available in the specific Controlling area. Reason could be any of the below :

- not available on particular date, that means the validity is not in the period in which you are posting.

- cost center itself is not available.

-wrongly selected cost center / wrongly entered cost center

Please check the valid from date and valid to date of the cost center in the cost center master data in KS02 and you can extend the valid to date if necessary.

OR

Is it a GUI transaction that you are trying to pass or some batch input/BAPI?

If the last is correct, put leading zeros in the cost centre field. If it's a normal transaction, check that the cost centre is assigned to the right company code (KS03).

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks for your reply. We don;t have this cost center at all and don't intend to. Not sure where this 3150 comes from .

thanks

Joyce

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you think that the GL account is not correct, then go to Tcode: VKOA. GL account determination for all the billing documents happen from this tcode. You can change GL account from 6000s to 5000s here.

Thanks

Mukund S

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mukund,

I did chang from 6000s to 5000s. However, it still did not work. Even with new 5000s account, it keep asking for cost center 3150.

I tried to see where cost center number get generated as it does not exist in our system.

Would you have any suggestions ?

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the 5000s accounts have proper default account assignment - assinged to profit centre?

Check OKB9.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

There is a gl accont and provision account for this. In OKB9, the gl acct has profitablity segment indicator turned on.

Where can i find the substitution ?

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check here:

IMG - Sales & Distribution- System Modifications:

Create new fileds....; or

Routines or UserExists

You probably need ABAP help for this.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Stacy,

Any idea if the user-exit coming from sales or billing or accounting ?

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce: No one on this board can answer this for you as we do not know your sytem or your settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

The profit center is assigned in the materail at 'Sales General Plant Data' View. Check if the right profit center is assigned to the material. If yes, then check if the right cost data is associated with the profit center. You might find a solution there.

I am really not sure if an user exit will be used to change the cost center data. However, you can try and check the program MV60* or MV61* for modifications. You can take abaper's help for this.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mukund S

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mukund,

There is profit center assigned in the material but no cost center. I checked a few user exits but found nothing related to this.

Since there are so many materials, i wonder if profit center in the material is really used in assigning the cost center.

Imagine so many plants for the materials which would be hard to maintain.

Thank you for your help.

Joyce

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Material to Cost Center assignment

1. Create maintenance order / internal order.

2. Assign all the material you require in the component tab.

I don't feel you need to assign material to cost center, if profit center is already assigned.

Through internal orders you can assign profit center respective cost centers.

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the revenue G/L account used in billing assigned to profit centre.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Stacy,

it seems the gl account is assign to a 6000s in billing when it should go to a 5000s account.

Where can i change to the correct account for the price condition type ?

thanks

Joyce