cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.0 to EHP1 UPGRADE QUERYS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are planning to upgrade our NW7.0 (SP17) BI system ABAP stack system to EHP1 but all our BI ABAP stack systems are connected to NW7.0 (SP19) EP JAVA stack through RFC and JCO (ABAP stack system and JAVA stack system are installed in individual servers)

Development System BI ABAP stack to Development System EP JAVA stack (ECC6.0 Development is Source system for BI)

Quality System BI ABAP stack to Quality System EP JAVA stack (ECC6.0 Quality is Source system for BI)

Production System BI ABAP stack to Production System EP JAVA stack (ECC6.0 Production is Source system for BI)

My questions:

1.Do we need to upgrade BI ABAP Stack and EP JAVA stack system both to EHP1 together? or itu2019s optional? If not would there be any inconsistencies?

2.If we upgrade Development system first, can I move any transport request from Dev to Quality to Production? Is it possible? Would be there any inconsistencies?

3.All the BI systems are connected to ECC 6.0 (SP11) source system, is it mandatory to upgrade ECC 6.0 to EHP4? or itu2019s optional? If not would there be any inconsistencies?

4.Without upgrade Solution manager NW7.0 to EHP1 or SP18 is any possible to download EHP source file using MOP for BI, EP and ECC systems?

5.Our current SolMan NW7.0 (ABAP+JAVA) dual stack system support Package Level is 14.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1.Do we need to upgrade BI ABAP Stack and EP JAVA stack system both to EHP1 together? or itu2019s optional? If not would there >be any inconsistencies?

Upgrade both BI ABAP and Java to EHP1 level.

> 2.If we upgrade Development system first, can I move any transport request from Dev to Quality to Production? Is it possible? >Would be there any inconsistencies?

No, SAP does not recommend to transport transport between systems having different SAP release or patch level.

> 3.All the BI systems are connected to ECC 6.0 (SP11) source system, is it mandatory to upgrade ECC 6.0 to EHP4? or itu2019s >optional? If not would there be any inconsistencies?

Its not mandatory. But recommended to upgrade Ecc 6.0 to EHP4 level.

> 4.Without upgrade Solution manager NW7.0 to EHP1 or SP18 is any possible to download EHP source file using MOP for BI, >EP and ECC systems?

If you are not planning to upgrade ECC system to EHP4 level then it is not mandatory to upgrade your solution manager system as you download packages and stack xml file from SMP.

But if you are planning to upgrade your ECC system to EHP4 level then it is mandatory to upgrade Solution manager to SP17 atleast.

> 5.Our current SolMan NW7.0 (ABAP+JAVA) dual stack system support Package Level is 14.

Answered above.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

So we can manually download EHP1 stack xml form Service market place for NW 7.0 ?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you can.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sunny.. Pls provide your contact E Mesage Id. i will contact u if i need any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My EP NW7.0 JAVA system SP level is 19 , How can i download NW 7.0 JAVA stack EHP1 binary files with stack.xml file manually from market place to upgrade EHP1 ?

Edited by: kannan kumarasamy on Jul 15, 2010 2:18 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check below link:

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

we can directly upgrade NW 7.0 BI system to EHP2 ? or else we have to first upgrade to EHP1 then we have move forward to EHP2 ?

Answers (0)