Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Market place-- Developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to clean up any registration that were not used in the recent past. Well the question is How do I get to " Not recently used registrations ?"

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

One way is to just check which ABAPers have left the Project/Organization. You can get their user IDs from SAP system & remove the registration from Service Market

Second way is that, get user IDs of all ABAPers . Goto SUIM->User->By logon date: select those ABAPers, give the number of days since last logon & run it. You will get the list of ABAPers who did not logon since the days that you have mentioned.

You can then delete their registration from Service Market Place

0 Kudos

This is a a way forward. Fine. my gut feel is this is the only way forward !! Same SUIM...( earns bread for many of us !) Nothing in the SMP itself to suggest that allows us to run a report or even sort on 'last used '

Thanks for your suggestion.

GG

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simplest way I have done is

Go to SE16 insert the table name DEVACCESS

it will give you the user name to access key information

Take the list of users go to SUIM and perform the action as per siddarth

0 Kudos

Yes..DEVACESS + Above combo is better

Edited by: george G on Jul 14, 2010 7:06 PM

0 Kudos

This is simple

Edited by: george G on Jul 14, 2010 6:37 PM

0 Kudos

Hi George

I tried without putting * in the UNAME it works can you please try that way.

0 Kudos

George,

I tried in my Sandbox just now it works both ways.

UNAME */ blank should work

dont enter anything for ACCESSKEY,

Try in few other systems and let me know how it goes!!!

It has to work.

0 Kudos

Thanks Frank for the tip on DEVACCESS

0 Kudos

It works ...fine .it was a user error !!

Edited by: george G on Jul 14, 2010 7:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi george,

Development key is needed by a sap user in order to be able to create or change workbench object (programs, domains, table definitions). These keys are stored in table DEVACCESS.

- Access key is needed if you want to change a standard SAP workbench object. These keys are stored in table ADIRACCESS.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Thanks ! but if you would read the post ..it was not a question on tables !

0 Kudos

George,

If your question is still open, Can you reframe your question once again?So that other members in group can answer .

Well the question is How do I get to " Not recently used registrations ?"

What do you mean by registration? or do you want to find list people who did not use developer key at all?

First find out who has access to Developer key in prod system? in that t how many people are using it

Any entry in devaccess table will give information on who used it. You can filter based on this info.

For reliable result use report : RSUSR002, which gives you information on Number of days since logon. / Only active users...

Clean up developer key in production environment:

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-security/clean-up-developer-key-in-producti...

Thanks,

Sri

Edited by: sri on Jul 14, 2010 2:25 PM

Edited by: sri on Jul 14, 2010 2:32 PM

0 Kudos

devaccess is now included in the DB table logging (transaction SCU3) without the key itself so you can choose which approach to take.

Personally I believe that removing the visible keys is correct to limit their ease of re-use and targeting of selected user IDs, but if you are only relying on that then you are barking up the wrong tree...

The ability to debug is equivalent to be able to create and execute your own program. This fact is well documented so there should be no surprises.

The developer might also have a photographic memory or print emails and re-enter the original key from there...

The main use of deleting is to create noise in the syslog (sm21) and organizational management of developments via the installation number (which is used in the key).

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 14, 2010 9:32 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

The reason is just to clean it up to ease the financial impact too. Your answers continue to enthrall us - petty mortals.

0 Kudos

For sure if it were easier then it would help... I am a big fan of that!

But with 20% effort you can gain 80% security for most aspects which are intuitive when using the user interfaces which SAP provides.

There is no UI for deleting or finding distributed developer keys. Go figure...

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 14, 2010 9:58 PM