cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging of Firefighter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to find an answer with the search function but could not get all the pieces together. The config guide is also not really helpful.

I have a simple question:

"What does Firefighter actually log?"

If I change a user via SU01, I get nicely all changes on table level with "old value" and "new value".

1. However, when I go into PA30 and perform some changes in infotypes of an employee, I do not get this information!

Can you please clarify on this!

Much appreciated!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gert,

basically SPM does not log anything extra other than what R/3 logs.

- it looks into STAT to find the transactions that have been executed

- it checks CDHDR/CDPOS for the time of the session and collects the change documents

So, if some table does not get logged, please verify if table logging is active for that table.

For read access, we have a consulting solution that can do that. Contact me if you want to know more.

Frank.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gert,

Table changes made with SE16N are logged in tables SE16N_CD_DATA and SE16N_CD_KEY. they can/should be reviewed by the controller.

Some weeks back I applied for an enhancement to include them in SPM. Quoting SAP Product Group "....it will be added to our internal roadmap and reviewed for future consideration."

Kind Regards,

Vit Vesely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

Obviously, this is really not what I was hoping for!

So, there is also no possibility to track if a firefighter changed a infotype?

The "consulting solution" that you mentioned, can you give me an outline on that? Is that custom development that writes into CDPOS as soon as someone reads a table via se16?

Thanks

Edited by: Gert_2010 on Jul 15, 2010 5:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would also like to have the possibility to track