cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot not created on GR for production order

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to create an inspection lot upon receipt from production. Task list is set up. Inspection type 04 is assigned in material master. But when I do the goods receipt for a production order, inspection lot is not created. In the quantity tab of material document, I see that the staus GR doc is 7(Inspection lot is created at inbound delivery). I don't know where it is coming from.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

04-Goods receipt inspection from production is correct inspection type set up.

Can you please check the following

1) Material master QM view --04 ---against this inspectiion type-Active button is checked

2) in production order --Good reciept tab --What is Stock type --It should have --X-Quality inspection.

Thanks,

Rajanikanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this subcontracted work?

FF

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it is not subcontracting flow.

I found that the inspection type should be 05 instead of 04 because I want to create an inspection lot after receiving. But now I do not see the GR status 7 and still no inspection lot is created. Am I missing something?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you mean by creating lot after receiving.

When you do a GR from production the proper inspection type is the 04 inspection type. Not 05. This is pretty standard SAP functionality.

Check the material movements for 101 (I assume you're using a 101 GR material movement), and make sure in config no one has deactivated QM for the material movement.

Then, make sure you start with a freash production order. Don't copy from a previous one.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check the followings in MM02:

1. 04 insp type is active

2. Post to insp stock ticked

What control insp lot you are using? Early lot or for each mat doc?

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

I found that the indicator 'Inspect with HU' was ticked for inspection type 04. That was why, it did not create an inspection lot. Solved.