cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - Monitor changes in the number of contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we need to monitor the changes made in the contract for a month.

the first option that we tried is to use document volume, which monitors the update of the table.

But the difficulty is the table VBAK, includes sales order as well the contracts and others....which will give the wrong result...

then tried the option sales document in application monitor , but it has only option of monitoring the sales document created...

but nothing is given for monitoring the changes happened.

Is there any way to monitor that changes happened in the contract for a month( the change cane be adding a line item, changing the billing plan etc.)

kindly advice in this regard.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

The Table entry counter diplays the total number of entries availble in the table.

E.g there are 35000 entries in there in tha table , and only 100 are created for the current month it does not show up 100 but only shiws 35000.

an the two monitoring tyeps in there are number of counted entries and number of distinct values.

was unable to get the records...of type contract getting updated for this month.

Kindly suggest on how to get the above mentioned information.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

0 Kudos

Hi,

well I cannot tell what you did exactly but what I would do is the following:

Select monitor "Table Entry Counter"

Select key figure "Number of Counted Entries"

Go to tab strip "Detail Info" and double-click on counter 001

Specify VBAK as Table Name

Specify VBTYP as Filter 1 Field Name

Specify "G" as Filter 1 Select Option (for contracts)

Specify *DAT as Filter 2 Field Name for the date you want to check

Specify date range as Filter 2 Select Option

Pay attention that all entries are made in capital letters and not small letters, i.e. "G" for VBTYP and not "g"!!!

That should do. If this is not the case then please open an OSS ticket on component SV-SMG-MON-BPM so that some service consultant can directly check the problem on your system.

Best Regards

Volker

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I have done the selection criteria as first day of current month and to date as today. it worked for me.

Thanks so musch for your advice.

Regards,

Subhashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks volker...

The information you have given is very much useful......

It will suffice my requirement......

Thanks again..

will make the changes as mentioned and upadte once done.

Regards,

Subhashini.

0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini,

just to complete this and also for other community members who may have similar problems in the future, here is the direct link to the Setup Guide I mentioned in the previous answer

http://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700000767792010E

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

thanks again for the reply....

I did the same....

but here the requirement is we need to check the changes happening on each month.

As per your commmnet, in the change date if we specify a date it will be ony for that date range rite....

next month this date range may not hold good...

I was trying to get some parameter that takes into accout only changed on....

and date range is taken from the monitoring schedule....(i.e every month's updates....)

In Document volume , i was able to get the updates in table but it takes into account the entire vabak and does have the filter of contract alone....

dunno how to proceed....

kindly share your views.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I just realized that an existing Setup Guide for the Table Entry Counter is not uploaded to the SAP Service Marketplace where it should be under http://service.sap.com/bpm > Media Library > Technical Information

This document desribes how dynamic dates can be realized. I guess the document shall be uploaded by tomorrow. In the corrsponding section it says

1.5.3 Dynamic Date Filtering

There are many use cases, where the result of a table count is time-dependent. For our used

example, we might be interested only in the amount of short dumps created on the current day.

However, inside the BPMon Setup Session there are only static filter values, like a fixed day

entry for a date field. To achieve a dynamic date filtering, which means calculating relative

dates instead of absolute dates, the Table Counter provides a special syntax on how define

fixpoints and offsets for relative dates.

Syntax for Relative Dates

Instead of a fixed (absolute) date, you can enter a special keyword for the start date (prefixed

by a $ sign) and optionally an additional offset as difference in days.

Syntax = <StartDate>[<Difference>]

For <StartDate> the following keywords are available:

Keyword for <StartDate> Description Example for 2008/09/24

$TODAY current date 2008/09/24

Hence you could say SELECT everything > $TODAY-30 Then you should get all entries of the last 30 days.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the reply.

The information is very useful. I was not aware of the table entry monitor.

will try in the system and post the updates.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini,

the first thing you should try is the "Table Entry Counter" monitor under Application Monitor" This would allow a simple select on VBAK where you specify some filelds like Document Category = Contract.

If this monitor is not sufficient then you should consider the Customer Exit framework (see SDN blog /people/johannes.fleig/blog/2010/01/12/new-business-process-monitoring-functionalities-in-sap-solution-manager--customer-exit ) where you can develop your own customer specific key figures which are handled the same way as SAP key figures. We are currently not planning to provide anything specific about contracts in the near future.

Best Regards

Volker