cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Diagnostics wrong P4 port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with Solution Manager EhP1 SP20, and now I'm trying to setup Solution Manager Diagnostics for my Enterprise Portal. I've configured properly Wily Introscope and installed Solution Manager Diagnostics agent on satellite system.

I've connected SMD Agent to Solution Manager via P4 connection, but when I try setup wizard for Managed Systems, I got the following error:

Step SSO Details

Failed to connect, P4 port=5104 User=j2ee_admin SID=DES Instance Number=00

Connection error to SAP System sid [DES/00], more details about the error in agent 'srv-nw02' log file (SMDAgentApplication.X.log).; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

<server>:5104 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 192.168.100.17 and port: 5104(cause=com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

<server>:5104 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 192.168.100.17 and port: 5104)

As you can see, It's trying to connect to SMD Agent with 5104 port instead of 50004 port.

I've tried to uninstall the agent and installing again, but I got allways the same error.

How can I change P4 port for SMD Agent at Solution Manager?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Tomas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tomas,

Just a reminder: with Solution Manager SP20 or greater you must use SMD Agent 7.11

To fix your issue you can issue the commands:

-

If the Diagnostics Agent is already installed on your system you can change the Diagnostics Agent configuration by running the smdsetup script. You can execute this procedure if for instance the Agent is installed with some wrong parameters or if it was deployed at the end of an SAP System installation and you selected not to register your Agent in any SLD.

Prerequisites

The Diagnostics Agent is already installed on your system with some wrong parameters.

Procedure

If you want to change the Managing System the Diagnostics Agent is connected to, you have to execute the following steps:

1. Stop the Diagnostics agent

2. Open a shell (command prompt on windows platforms) on /usr/sap/<DASID>/SMDA<Instance_Number>/script

3. The command to execute depends on the connection type

In case of Direct connection to the Managing System:

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://<J2ee_Message_server_hostname>" port:"<http_port_message_server>" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"xxxxxx"

In case of SLD registration:

smdsetup sldconf hostname:"<SLD_HOSTNAME>" port:"<SLD_PORT>" user:"<SLDDSUSER>" pwd:"<SLDDSUSER_PWD>"

We recommend you to connect the agent directly to the Managing System.

4. Start the Diagnostics agent

-

This instructions are extracted from the Diagnostics Setup Guide 7.11 available in

http://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> media library

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot