cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggession on best Storage systems fro SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We are at starting stage of SAP core project implementation with EHp4, so we would like to take your suggestions and recommendations on storage systems.

The current storage we are using is Dell EMC CX700 (SAN).

Weu2019ve narrowed down to two vendorsu2019 i.e., Hitachiu2019s AMS 2500 and EMCu2019s CX4-480

Currently we have high speed servers in place and running only with MM, SD and FI (we will not be changing the servers).

Please see the server configurations.

Note: we have 3 servers

1. CI server (ECC 6.0)

2. DB server (SQL 2005)

3. Load balancing server (additional application server)

Host , Usage , OS , HW model , CPU type, CPU, Numof CPUs, RAM .

Host1, DB, Win2K3 Ent 64-bit , HP DL 580 G5, Intel Xeon X7350, 2.93, 16, 32 GB.

Host2, CI, Win2K3 Ent 64-bit , HP DL 580 G5 , Intel Xeon X7350, 2.93, 16, 32 GB.

Host3, App , Win2K3 Ent 64-bit, HP DL 580 G5 , Intel Xeon X7350, 2.93, 16, 32 GB.

We will be using the same servers for the core project kindly give us your views and recommendations or suggestions on the best storage.

Kindly note we have already gone through sizing and the current servers can effort the core implementation as per sizing.

We need suggestions on best storage as mentioned above.

Appreciate your best views on this.

Thanking you

Ravi

SAP basis Admin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are at starting stage of SAP core project implementation with EHp4, so we would like to take your suggestions and recommendations on storage systems.

> We need suggestions on best storage as mentioned above.

What do you mean with "best storage"? Are you talking about how many disks etc.?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus

Thanks for the quick reply.

as i mentioned we have selected two vendors Hitachiu2019s AMS 2500 and EMCu2019s CX4-480. now we would like to know which one is good, performance wise, and support wise or do you suggest us any other.

as per my knowledge many customers are using Hitachi and EMC store and we would like to know the feedback on theese two.(on performance, issues, support, etc...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Performance of EMC is very good than other storage, one drawback from my personal exp is that, we had a issue in storage and EMC took a day to fix the issue, support not upto the std.

Regards,

SBK

P.S based on my experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhk

Thanks for the feedback Appreciate.

are there any performance issues? what kind of problem did you face?