Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic modification or status profile?

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've the following scenario. Results for raw material inspections will be copied (manually) from the CoA from the vendor. Once a year or every 10th delivery needs to be checked by QC. The people from the lab should be able to see whether the results should be taken from the certificate or that they have to do the analysis themselves.

I was thinking to use one inspection plan with two different operations or maybe two different inspection plans. But how do i make sure that the correct inspection plan or operation will be selected? Can i do this with the user status in the quality inforecord? So that i can select a different inspection plan using a different inspection type. Or should i use dynamic modification. I think the user status cannot be used, because this will only be changed by the UD and not by time or number op goods receipts.

Regards,

Maarten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i've the following scenario. Results for raw material inspections will be copied (manually) from the CoA from the vendor. Once a year or every 10th delivery needs to be checked by QC.

This is only possible through DMR with resetting days 365 in DMR or skipping 9 lots etc.

Control on CoA is difficult which seems to be a manual control.

Q Info Status can not be used.........

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

But is it possible to select another inspection plan or operation in an inspection plan? Otherwise the people cannot see when to check themselves or copy the results...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure User Exit

QPAP0001 Enhancement - plan reading |

QPAP0002 Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection |

can be used..........

But why you want to use different Inspection plan.

When you same task with DMR & 10th lot come to inspection without "SKIP" status.Irrespective of tracking the task list 10th lots Result recording can be done..............

That's what I think

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

But how do the people know when they've to do the analysis or when they need to copy the results from the CoA from the vendor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said you need to inspect say 10th lot.When this lot comes to inspection you have to copy results from CoA & all for those lots which are skipped you need not to copy results or inspect.................................Will this is not sufficient.

Lets assume that you have used two inspection plan ,then how user will know that he has to copy results.Manual control will not solve your purpose.

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I think my explanation was not very clear. They always need to enter results. But 9 times they can copy results from the vendors coa. And the 10th time they have to do the analysis themselves.

I was thinking to use two operations to show in the inspectionlot if they can copy the results or have to do the analysis. So the description of the operation would be something like:

1. Limited inspection copy results

2. Extended inspection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what will be indicator that analysis is to be done or this is the 10th lot .No std technique can solve this purpose.

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I was thinking that maybe the number of inspections in the DMR could help.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This idea isn't perfect but it might help.

Can you create a characteristic called "Actual Analyis Performed"? Make this a YES/NO qualitative test.

Use DMR at the characteristic level. Have all your characteristics required all the time, (i.e. no skip) except the new one above. Give this a DMR rule that makes it required every 10th lot. When this becomes required, it is an indicator to the tech that actual analysis must be done. They should be trained, that if they have to answer this first question in the lot, then the test have to be run. Otherwise they can use the COA resutls.

I might also considering adding a new attribute to your system called "COA result". Techs can set this attribute when recording COA values. Then when you create/run reports, you can see which results are internally tested, and which come from COA's.

FF

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I think this can be a solution. We'd like to handle as much as possible with standard sap functionality so i think i'm going to propose this solution. Thanks.

Answers (0)