SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMA and RMA planning queries in MAP (Merchandise and Assortment Planning)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm new in MAP. Can anyone explain what's the difference between Cost Method of Accounting and Retail Method of Accounting planning queries in MAP? (they could be met in configuration guide here: http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2008/helpdata/EN/48/dc98b2c5092b63e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm) I'm interested in technical difference. It means that I understand basic principles of these two different methods of accounting, but i just don't understand what is technically different in these MAP queries (may be planning functions are different or something else). as i understand, both types of queries are based on the same infocubes - so i'm a bit confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandr,

The difference is quite simple between the two, if you just look at the details of Key Figures and calculated Key Figures & Management KPI's in both the templates, you will find that the templates for CMA is primarily for planning based upon cost and cost related KPI, thus you will find Sales at cost, Cost of Good Sold and similar KPI here and you won't find say "markdown planning" at all in CMA templates.

On the other other RMA templates are for planning and Management KPI's which are retail value based, like Markdown key figures.

Technically speaking, there is no difference in the way Queries, Aggregation levels, Filters, Planning function or sequences has been created, it just created on the different concept or focus all together.

I hope it will help you, if you find and believe the same, please assign the relevant points.

Kind Regards,

Kunwar

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandr,

The difference is quite simple between the two, if you just look at the details of Key Figures and calculated Key Figures & Management KPI's in both the templates, you will find that the templates for CMA is primarily for planning based upon cost and cost related KPI, thus you will find Sales at cost, Cost of Good Sold and similar KPI here and you won't find say "markdown planning" at all in CMA templates.

On the other other RMA templates are for planning and Management KPI's which are retail value based, like Markdown key figures.

Technically speaking, there is no difference in the way Queries, Aggregation levels, Filters, Planning function or sequences has been created, it just created on the different concept or focus all together.

I hope it will help you, if you find and believe the same, please assign the relevant points.

Kind Regards,

Kunwar