cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brrestore question ... a trivial question I guess ... :-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the interest of testing that I can restore archivelogs that are backed up using brrarchive, we did a test brrestore to restore some archivelogs.

I just want to know whether I should delete the restored archivelogs in sapreorg after the test restore?

Reason am asking is because with Oracle RMAN, I believe it keeps track of archivelog that it backs up and restores but am not sure if the next run of brarchive+RMAN will delete the restored archivelogs in sapreorg.

I just want to make sure that I don't mess up RMAN in any case.

Any thoughts will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on the profile you select while executing the brarchive, if u use CDS it will check if the archive was already backed up, if so it will backup once again and then delete it.

If it was backed up more than 2 times and then u have restored it, brarchive will not delete it, we have to manually clean it up.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you restore archive logs to the directory of sapreorg and delete them afterwards that won't bother rman.

But archives are normally written to oraarch and will remain there if the brarchive finds via its log files that they have already been backed up. For rman this is of no concern as it is just triggered by brarchive to save or restore certain files.

For the sake of your free space in the file system you should delete those archive of which you are sure that they have been backed up.