cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS - Java code changes activities - Activation failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to activate the check-in activities. But I am getting below error :

===== Processing ===== started at 2010-07-14 07:57:19.270 GMT*

BUILD DCs

'sap.com/mss/eepro/compensationeligibility' in variant 'default'

.. FAILURE: The build failed since there already exists a "/gen" folder in the repository with checked-in files.

The "/gen" folder in general MUST NOT BE USED for storage of sources or other files. [result code: 113]

Please check in the repository if there are any checked-in files in the following folder and delete them before repeating the request:

"/usr/sap/DP1/JC30/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/67/.B/30541/DCs/sap.com/mss/eepro/compensationeligibility/_comp/gen/default".

'sap.com/mss/ecm' in variant 'default'

.. FAILURE: The build failed since there already exists a "/gen" folder in the repository with checked-in files.

The "/gen" folder in general MUST NOT BE USED for storage of sources or other files. [result code: 113]

Please check in the repository if there are any checked-in files in the following folder and delete them before repeating the request:

"/usr/sap/DP1/JC30/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/67/.B/30541/DCs/sap.com/mss/ecm/_comp/gen/default".

'sap.com/mss/eepro/longtermincentives' in variant 'default'

"/usr/sap/DP1/JC30/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/67/.B/30541/DCs/sap.com/mss/eepro/longtermincentives/_comp/gen/default".

'sap.com/mss/eepro/compensationadjustments' in variant 'default'

"/usr/sap/DP1/JC30/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/67/.B/30541/DCs/sap.com/mss/eepro/compensationadjustments/_comp/gen/default".

'sap.com/mss/eepro/photo' in variant 'default'

"/usr/sap/DP1/JC30/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/67/.B/30541/DCs/sap.com/mss/eepro/photo/_comp/gen/default".

'sap.com/mss/eepro/salarydata' in variant 'default'

"/usr/sap/DP1/JC30/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/67/.B/30541/DCs/sap.com/mss/eepro/salarydata/_comp/gen/default".

===== Processing ===== finished at 2010-07-14 07:57:26.210 GMT and took 6 s 940 ms

===== Post-Processing =====

Waiting for access: 5 ms

===== Post-Processing ===== started at 2010-07-14 07:57:26.215 GMT

Check whether build was successful for all required variants...

"sap.com/mss/eepro/compensationeligibility" in variant "default" FAILED

"sap.com/mss/ecm" in variant "default" FAILED

"sap.com/mss/eepro/longtermincentives" in variant "default" FAILED

"sap.com/mss/eepro/compensationadjustments" in variant "default" FAILED

"sap.com/mss/eepro/photo" in variant "default" FAILED

"sap.com/mss/eepro/salarydata" in variant "default" FAILED

===== Post-Processing ===== finished at 2010-07-14 07:57:26.220 GMT and took 5 ms

Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

Error! The following problem(s) occurred during request processing:

Error! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation FAILED due to build problems. See build logs for details.

REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2010-07-14 07:57:26.224 GMT and took 33 s 369 ms

I refered below thread and followed the same.

Link:

I am trying to activate 6 components. So, I deleted build txt file and build xml file from logs and tried to activated it. It is still throwing error.

Can anyone quickly guide me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Go to the DTR perspective, and for your DC delete the files in the \gen\default\logs

ie. 1 build txt file , and 1 build xml file.

It will ask for a new activity, create it, and activate it with the predecessors.

Check this:

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already tried this, refering the same thread mentioned by you.

Is there any alternative ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I think you have added gen,..etc folders to DTr by click on DTR->Add to subtree from the navigator.

You should these gen files as these are local files.

Pls follow the below steps:

1.Go to DTR work space ->http://host:port no/drt..ws

Alt F+ (Cntl+O for openign a file) and select the chek box open as a webfolder.

2.See the difference between other Dc and this DC,You might be having unwanted folders /files which are present in the DTR.

For EX:gen,.classpath... etc!!

3.Make note of all these folder and delete each of them

How to delete:

1.Open the NWDs and go to DTR prespective.

2.Select the folder that you want to delete from ->inactive->dcs->gen folder

3.Expland the component and select the file/folder to delete by right click+delete.

5.It will ask you to checkout the files before deleting.

6.After click on delete check in the activity.

7.Finally go to DTR workspace(http://,hostname>:port/dtr and delete the entire folder strucutre.

8.Go to NWDS ->DTR prespective,check if gen folder is deleted or not?

9.After check in all the files will be deleted

10.Check if all the unwanted folder structures are removed from the dtr workspace or not?

Delete DTR workspace folder:SapNote:855537

11.Create a new activity and build the application by rightclick on project->DC+Build.

Let me know if you need more help on this.

Regards,

Lavanya.G

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Please have a look at below document.

try to re-sync track and sysc dc sources and then try to activate the activity.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun