cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.2 SP3 Installation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install the actual version of the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.2 SP3. Regarding the [SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Installation Procedures|https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/720/] (requires marketplace login) I just have to download the NWDS package SP03 PAT0001 (8.20.30001.100706102223) from the [Developer Studio download page|https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/720/NWDS_platform.html].

Unfortunately this is not all. Instead this download contains all necessary plugins and features I do have to download more than 1 GB via the Update Manager. Moreover the update process does not work because while trying to install the plugins on a fresh downloaded package, it hangs up when installing the package SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Infrastructure Clients. I tried to install all by one but also each feature one by one with same result. It downloads all data. When trying to install this package, it hangs at 87% with some feature.xml behaviour.

Where can I download a complete NWDS installation package?

Thank's for any hint!

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Backhausen on Jul 15, 2010 4:00 PM

Edited by: Daniel Backhausen on Jul 15, 2010 4:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have also problems like that.

We have downloaded all files from SMP and update Server to sp03. now everything is updatet but not the nwds. i downloaded the sp03 pat0002 and updated nwds and now we have to install actual SAP features, but we can`t go to internet, and the local update site have files from the sp01 pat0000.

where can i download the local update site files? i only find files for sp01 pat0000.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have found out, that the problem results from trying to install the feature SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Infrastructure Clients 8.20.30002.100714095023. This is the feature where the update process just hangs. All other features which do not have any required dependencies could be successfully installed.

Cheers!

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might go to the Help Menu and select Manage Local Update Sites. For the source site insert https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/720/. The target hast to be a folder on your hard drive and url has to point to that folder starting with file:///path-to-your-folder/. After pressing next, chose the packages and versions you need. This local update site can be used later to install new features. Unfortunately I am still not able to pass the installation problem. But may be this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, so we have to user this strategy (to that time we download files manually and use them as local update site). I inform admin to get access to the internet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally solved my installation problem. I had to deinstall some previous installed SAP NetWeaver Software called SAP Webdynpro IDE Form Designer Control and some SAP Chart Control product from within window uninstall. Now the installation proceeded. May be this helps someone getting to a similar problem when upgrading his NWDS.

Cheers,

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Backhausen on Jul 23, 2010 2:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi daniel,

thank you very much for this solution. I had the same problem and solved it with your description. Seems SAP uses a new computer for every new NWDS installation so they have no problems with older versions .-)

Kerstin